At the end of the day, when I can finally settle into my pillows, reading to my heart's content, it's only because my little family is in bed peacefully. Kids are kissed and tucked in, the dishwasher has been run, the coffee machine prepped and ready for tomorrow. Even the lunches are beautifully wrapped up and ready to go …
Finally, I can read! Though I usually read on the subway, the bed is my favourite place to savour some of my diverse (even sinful) books.
- This is what you will find on my bedside table these days:
- Mordecai Richler - St. Urbain's Horseman.
- Merrily Weisbord - The Love Queen of Malabar.
- Dominique Loreau - The Art of Simplicity.
- The magazine Real Simple.
- Alain Fisette - La beauté est incurable; a fantastic and controversial Québecois poet.
- Aurélia Aurita - Fraise et chocolat (I swear it's for work!)
- Louise Lambert-Lagacé - Good Nutrition for a Healthy Menopause.
William St-Hilaire is a Montreal-based author who was recently named president and executive director of the Blue Metropolis Foundation, which produces an annual international literary festival every spring.