The theme for the third-annual Toronto Burlesque Festival is MeTOPolis: The Future of Burlesque . The launch Wednesday night at the Gladstone Hotel includes an international "Naked Girls Reading" salon.
Given the futuristic theme, the readings and costumes are appropriately sourced from sci-fi. Reader Tanya Cheex has disclosed that she will wear silver go-go boots, a homemade head antenna and possibly green glitter on her nipples.
Here is the sci-fi reading list from the all-star lineup.
- Lady Monster (San Francisco) - The Seed Seekers by Dave Garrett
- Peekaboo Pointe (New York) - Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- Tanya Cheex (Toronto) - Crash by J.G. Ballard, and David Bowie's Space Oddity lyrics
- Jo Boobs (New York) - E Pluribus Unicorn by Theodore Sturgeon, and The Burlesque Handbook by Jo Weldon
- Michelle L'amour (Chicago) - Frost and Fire by Ray Bradbury
The Group Read is Lady Robotika by Jane Wiedlin.