The Globe and Mail has made the short list of finalists for eight categories this year in the Canadian Online Publishing Awards presented by Masthead.
The COPAs honour excellence in digital journalism and design from magazines, newspapers, broadcasters and online-only publishers. The awards ceremony will be held Oct. 22.
Last year, The Globe won two COPAs: one for best newspaper/companion website and one for best newsletter.
The eight categories in which our journalism has been short-listed are:
1. Best overall companion website with a print or broadcast parent.
2. Best website design
3. Best news coverage (the death of Jack Layton)
4. Best blog (Economy Lab)
5. Best multimedia feature (Breaking Caste)
6. Best cross-platform feature (Giving Changed/Philanthropy)
7. Best digital edition (replica) for Globe2Go
8. Best data visualization (an interactive feature on Vancouver schools)Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: