We’ve made these changes to better showcase the breadth of our journalism in all formats, including video, commentary and subscriber-only analysis. The new format highlights the things our audience finds most engaging and creates a unified experience whether you’re coming to us from a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or a smartphone.
Changes on the main homepage:
- On the left side, you’ll find the most important and notable news and reported analysis of the moment.
- Our most visually compelling stories will centre the top of the page. Here, you’ll find our best photo, video and interactive journalism, as well as news features with a strong visual anchor.
- Down the middle of the page, we’re showcasing opinions and perspectives from our most thoughtful and thought-provoking voices.
- You’ll find our latest and best video in the Must Watch section on the right-hand side.
- A new section, In the Know, features articles that are personally relevant to our readers – including investing tips, health advice, film reviews, real-estate trends, pop-culture tidbits and automotive news.
Changes on smartphones and tablets:
• The Globe Voices section of opinion and point-of-view analysis will be more carefully curated to ensure our best material is easy to find.
• There’s a new section called In the Know. Just like on the main homepage, it features feature articles that are personally relevant to our readers – including investing tips, health advice, film reviews, real-estate trends, pop-culture tidbits and automotive news.
We hope you enjoy the changes and we’d love to hear what future improvements we could make to the homepage.