Oops, something bad just happened, don't worry, I'm sure it is our fault.
If you don't want to do that just use Show me the gallery please to go right to the gallery.
Sorry about all of this.
Two weeks ago, Globe gadget guru Ted Kritsonis waxed poetically about gifts for that car buff on your Christmas shopping list. But what about that budding gearhead? Y'know, that little tyke who thinks a doughnut is something you perform, not eat. Here are five gift suggestions should you still be pulling your hair out wondering what to get your tiny tot or teenage terror.
1. Mario Kart 7 $39.99 for Nintendo 3DS; all ages Available at: EB Games, Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart Why argue with success? Nintendo takes its tried-tested-and-true flagship driving franchise to the 3DS. There’s nothing ground-breaking here but it’s still loads of fun.
2. Air Hogs Hyper Active Pro Aero GX $59.99 Available at: Toys R Us This powerful radio-controlled miniature racing car can reach speeds of 30 km/h and features a flexible roll bar that will turn the car right-side up if it flips.
3. Speed Racer Sky Jump Track Set $69.99-$99.99 Available at: Funky Toys (Montreal), amazon.ca Huge jumps. Aswesome stunts. Big crashes. This track set – based on the Speed Racer movie – catapults the tiny cars high into the air, then shoots them back around the track. The more cars, the more mayhem.
4. Power Wheels Dune Racer by Mattel’s Fisher-Price $324.99 Available at: Sears This child-size dune buggy can conquer grass, gravel and mud. Truly a status symbol for the kid who probably already has everything.
5. Forza Motorsport 4 $59.99 for Xbox 360 Available at: Best Buy, EB Games, Future Shop The fourth instalment in this popular racing simulation franchise – in which players can race everything from Civics to Bugattis through the Bernese Alps, along the Italian coast and even on Germany’s famed Nürburgring Grand Prix track – this is the first in the series to support gameplay through Kinect motion sensors.