Jeep surprised many by showing a seriously updated 2014 version of the Grand Cherokee earlier this year. Yes, an almost all-new Grand Cherokee is coming later this year, and one version will be powered by a Fiat-sourced diesel engine.
So the world knows the 2013 version is what some might call yesterday’s news. If so, the headline should read: Chrysler Group starts to reinvent itself with a remade Grand Cherokee.
Indeed, the first all-new model from the post-bankruptcy Chrysler was the Grand Cherokee. Based on the platform shared with the Mercedes-Benz ML – inherited from the failed Daimler ownership days – this Grand Cherokee is refined, functional and handsome.
The 2014 will come with a host of improvements, but the 2013 remains an excellent rig – and a very good deal: at least $2,500 in a factory discount and it can be combined with up 3.99 per cent financing for up to five years. Factor in a negotiated dealer discount and a tough negotiator should be able to tack together sales sweeteners worth $4,000 or more.
General Motors is ending production of the Avalanche pickup and to clear out remaining models GM Canada has a $7,000 rebate on the table, and it can be combined with 0.0 per cent financing for up to 72 months. A tough negotiator might also squeeze out a up to $2,500 in a dealer discount, too.
One of the more entertaining small cars in the world is Volkswagen’s Golf GTI. Take the four-door hatchback with VW’s excellent DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission ($31,775 on the sticker). VW Canada has $1,000 factory-to-dealer rebate in play, and it can be combined with 0.0 per cent financing for up to three years. Dealer discount? Perhaps you can negotiate $1,000 or more.
Finally, the Honda Accord. Deals of the Week was a little surprised to find a $1,500 factory discount on offer from Honda Canada. After all, the Accord received a complete makeover for the 2013 model year. It seems early in the life of the Accord to see discounts already in play. That speaks to the competitiveness in the mid-size car market. The message: bargain hard for an Accord, or any other mid-size car.
As usual, pricing information here was supplied by www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources. Consult your dealer for all the details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4WD Crew Cab
- MSRP: $47,895
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $1,700
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,500
- Factory discount: $7,000 (Stackable Consumer Cash Incentive factory-to-consumer rebate for Plus Package only)
- Taxable subtotal: $40,095
- Total price with 13% HST: $45,307.35
- Can be combined with 0.0% finance rate for up to 72 months
2013 Volkswagen Golf GTI five-door hatchback DSG
- MSRP: $31,775
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,495
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,100
- Factory discount: $1,000 (Build-out Cash factory to dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $31,170
- Total price with 13% HST: $35,222.10
- 3.99% finance rate for five years
2013 Honda Accord I4 EX-L sedan
- MSRP: $29,090
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,740
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $1,500 (Non-stackable Cash Discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $28,830
- Total price with 13% HST: $32,012.90
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
- MSRP: $48,095
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,695
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,600
- Factory discount: $2,500 (Consumer Cash Discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $45,690
- Total price with 13% HST: $51,629.70
- Can be combined with 3.99% financing for up to five years
Pricing information source: www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.
- Ford Fusion Hybrid wins green car of the year award
- This family wants a station wagon, not a CUV
- Memories of those long-ago daddy-daughter trips to Canadian Tire
Companies & investments Mentioned In This Article (1)
HMC-N 41.30 1.599 % 301,721