Ford’s F-Series pickup continues to top the top-selling vehicles charts in Canada – sales are up 10 per cent this year, so far – and there are very good reasons why. It’s a good truck with a loyal following, but it also is a heck of a deal. Really.
It is possible for the right buyers to scrub off as much as $12,000 off the sticker price of, say, $36,199 F-150 SuperCab with all-wheel drive – and combine all those incentives with a 3.99 per cent finance rate for five years or a 2.99 per cent lease rate for three years.
No wonder Ford of Canada sold 14,529 F-Series truck during the first two months of 2013 alone. In fact, Ford sold more than twice as many F-Series pickups than Hyundai managed with the best-selling passenger car in Canada – the Elantra, which through two months of 2013 had record sales of 6,493.
Truth is, the pickup sales war in Canada is heated, and not likely to cool for most of this year. Ram pickup sales, for instance, were up 15.7 per cent through February. General Motors, for its part, is offering discounts to fire up interest in the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups which get replaced in the fall by all-new models. Sales of the Silverado were up 9.5 per cent through February, while the Sierra busted through for a 10 per cent gain.
Meantime over at Nissan, the Rogue compact crossover – Nissan Canada’s best-seller – is on offer with a $3,500 discount. That’s for cash purchases. If you lease, Nissan has a 0.9 per cent lease rate for up to five years which can be combined with $1,500 Lease Cash factory-to-dealer rebate.
Hyundai’s luxurious and sporty Genesis sedan, which won its class in the recent Canadian Black Book Retained Value Awards, is also an appealing deal. The 2013 Hyundai Genesis sedan V-8 R-Spec can be had with as much as $6,550 in discounts for the right shopper. Keep in mind, however, that a $1,500 Loyalty Offer is available only to current Hyundai owners. Feel like moving up from a Sonata? There you go.
Finally, Lexus has a reinvented IS 250 on the way, which means it’s clearout time at Lexus dealers right now. A $3,000 rebate on a $34,250 sedan will take a big bite out of that buy.
Also keep in mind that any hard-nosed negotiator should be able to haggle for some sort of dealer discount. Deals of the Week has estimated what’s reasonable here, based on pricing information supplied by www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources. Consult your dealer for all the details.
2013 Ford F-150 4WD SuperCab 145” SL
- MSRP: $36,199
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $1,700
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,700
- Factory rebate: $8,500 (Delivery Allowance factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $27,699
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $31,299.87
- Factory discount: $1,000 (Ford Built Tough Accessories Program)
- Factory rebate: $2,500 (Ford Recycle Your Ride factory-to-customer rebate)
- Final price: $27,799.87
- Can be combined with 3.99 per cent finance rate for five years or 2.99 per cent lease rate for three years
2013 Nissan Rogue AWD SL
- MSRP: $34,398
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,850
- Dealer discount (estimated): $800
- Factory discount: $3,500 (Non-stackable trading dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $31,948
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $36,101.24
- 0.9 per cent lease rate for up to five years can be combined with $1,500 Lease Cash factory-to-dealer rebate
2013 Hyundai Genesis sedan V-8 R-Spec
- MSRP: $53,499
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,860
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $5,050 (Non-stackable Cash Discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $49,309
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $55,719.17
- Factory rebate: $1,500 (Loyalty Offer factory-to-consumer rebate to existing Hyundai customers only)
- Final price: $54,219.17
2013 Lexus IS 250 RWD
- MSRP: $34,250
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,500
- Taxable subtotal: $38,845
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $39,374.85
- Factory discount: $3,000 (Non-stackable trading dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Final price: $36,374.85
Pricing information source: www.carcostcanada.com . Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.