Car photos are always a hit at Globe Drive, and these were the most popular galleries of the year. Click here for more photo galleries.
1. In Pictures: The latest cars from the Detroit auto show
2. In Pictures: The world’s biggest, baddest SUV
With an options list that includes military-grade armour plating, bulletproof windows and a flat-screen TV, the made-in-Canada Conquest Knight is billed as the biggest and most secure SUV in the world. Globe and Mail columnist Peter Cheney took the Knight for a test drive to learn what's inside this fortress on wheels.
3. In Pictures: 10 cars you must see at the Toronto auto show
4. In Pictures: Bold new cars at the Geneva Motor Show
5. In Pictures: Smart new rides at the auto show
6. In Pictures: 10 most-stolen vehicles in Canada this year
The Insurance Bureau of Canada released its list of the most frequently stolen vehicles in Canada. The group says some vehicles are exported in pieces to avoid detection, and then reassembled and sold in places as far away as West Africa. Other vehicles such as the Honda Civic are popular for parts, because there are so many on the road. Thieves are also known to change the VIN of stolen cars and sell them in Canada.
7. In Pictures: A gallery of guilty parkers
8. In Pictures: Have you ever seen a recreational vehicle like this?
9. In Pictures: 12 finalists for new car of the year award
Eighty members of the Auto Journalists of Canada (AJAC) tested the new cars available for 2014 in October at the group's TestFest, ranking them on such criteria as safety features, cargo capacity, style and comfort and fuel capacity. These are the category winners, and the overall winner will be announced February 13, 2014 at the Canadian International Auto Show.