Log all this under “deals that surprised us.” Perhaps one might even brighten your Christmas.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado: General Motors re-made its big pickups from top to bottom and that usually means an end to super-rich sales sweeteners, but not this time. A well-equipped Silverado might be had with nearly $7,000 in discounts off the posted price. This speaks less to the quality of the re-do, and more to the ferocious competition in the pickup market. Every auto maker is throwing crazy money at pickup shoppers, GM is just keeping up with the rest.
2014 Kia Rondo: You would be hard-pressed to find a more useful all-around family wagon – short of an actual minivan, of course. Kia, like GM with its pickups, re-styled and re-engineered the Rondo for 2014 and did a fine job. The cabin looks expensive and the exterior design is smooth and well proportioned. And with incentives as rich as $4,000 in total, this all-new wagon is a very, very good deal. By the way, Kia is giving away a car a day this month, so you might get a new ride for free if you visit a dealer.
2013 Nissan Sentra: All the experts say the answer to any car company’s woes is found in good product. The Sentra is a very new design and hugely affordable, yet here at the end of 2013, the right buyer should be able to put together offers worth $3,000 or more on a sub-$20,000 commuter car.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport: Hyundai’s very stylish crossover wagon is a top-10 best seller in Canada and a cornerstone of Hyundai’s lineup. It has a fashionable design, does well in crash tests, comes with lots of room inside and boasts a good, good reliability record. An informed buyer should string together $3,000 more in discounts. Again, this deal speaks to the rivalry among car companies that depend on crossover sales.
Deals of the Week consulted with www.unhaggle.com, www.carcostcanada.com, and other sources on these offers. As usual, pricing information here is subject to change and dealer discounts vary, so consult your dealer for all the final details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2014 Kia Rondo 4 door Wagon Auto LX w/3rd Row (Click for a full review)
- MSRP: $25,195
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $1,765
- Dealer discount (estimated): $700
- Factory discount: $3,500 (Kia Prime Rate Credit/Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate (available for cash purchases or with 3.55% RBC financing))
- Factory discount: $300 (Kia Don't Pay Until Spring 150-Day Payment Deferral Program or cash incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $22,460
- Total price with 13% HST: $25,379.80
- $750 incentive available with 0.0% financing for five years
2013 Nissan Sentra 4 door Sedan CVT S (Click for full vehicle specs)
- MSRP: $17,548
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,667
- Dealer discount (estimated): $400
- Factory discount: $2,500 (Nissan Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $16,315
- Total price with 13% HST: $18,435.95
- Factory rebate: $500 (Nissan My Boxing Month Program factory-to-customer rebate)
- Final price: $17,935.35
- $3,000 rebate available with 4.95% financing for 60 months
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport AWD 4 door 2.0T Limited (Click for more info)
- MSRP: $38,899
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,860
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,100
- Factory discount: $2,000 (Hyundai Dealer Cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $37,659
- Total price with 13% HST: $42,554.67
- 0.99% financing available for 60 months
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab Short Box LT w/2LT
- MSRP: $43,105
- Freight, PDI, AC tax: $1,750
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,000
- Factory discount: $3,500 (GM Stackable Cash Delivery Allowance factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $39,355
- Total price with 13% HST: $44,471.15
- Factory discount: $1,000 (GM Truck Bucks Bonus factory-to-consumer rebate)
- Factory discount: $250 (GM Holiday Bonus Coupon factory-to-consumer rebate)
- Final price: $43,221.15
- $3,500 rebate available with 2.99% financing for 60 months
Pricing information source: unhaggle.com and www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Where noted, “dealer discounts” are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis. Unhaggle Savings are actual discounts received by Unhaggle customers.
If you have questions about driving or car maintenance, please contact our experts at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @Globe_Drive.
Add us to your circles.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.Report Typo/Error