The Thanksgiving weekend makes something of a shoulder period in the new vehicle sales game. Dealer lots are becoming bloated with 2014 models and that means dealers and manufacturers are getting anxious to move along the old 2013s.
This is a time when we often see unusually rich discounts. Car makers reluctant to sweeten deals decide it’s time to take the plunge – to fatten up promotions on models not normally associated with big price reductions.
The 2013 Audi A6 is a perfect example. The A6 is a handsome sedan with an exceptional interior, four-wheel drive (quattro) and terrific road manners. And the savvy buyer this weekend might be able to string together more than $8,000 in Thanksgiving rebates on a $52,500 luxury car.
Or the 2013 Infiniti FX37 all-wheel-drive crossover. This one has very aggressive styling, above average reliability and for Thanksgiving you might be able to manage as much as $8,500 in sales sweeteners on a $53,350 wagon.
Deals of the Week also found up to $6,500 in discounts on a $36,945 2013 Honda Ridgeline pickup and as much as $3,000 in incentives on a $20,990 2013 Toyota Matrix four-door hatchback. In all instances factory financing deals are in place, too. Some can be combined with cash incentives.
So this weekend might be a good time to carve the turkey and carve out a deal on a new ride.
Deals of the Week consulted with www.unhaggle.com, www.carcostcanada.com, and other sources on these offers. As usual, pricing information here is subject to change and dealer discounts vary, so consult your dealer for all the final details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2013 Audi A6 Sedan quattro 2.0T
- MSRP: $52,500
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,100
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Audi Alternative Cash Program factory-to-dealer rebate for cash purchases)
- Factory discount: $1,000 (Audi 2013 Special Support factory-to-dealer rebate for cash or finance purchases)
- Taxable subtotal: $46,495
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $52,539.35
- 0.90 per cent financing for60 months available with up to $2,500 in incentives
2013 Infiniti FX37 AWD Premium
- MSRP: $53,350
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,500
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Infiniti Merchandising Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Factory discount: $1,000 (Infiniti Cash Support factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $46,945
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $53,047.85
- Up to $3,000 in incentives available with 2.90 per cent financing for up to 60 months
2013 Honda Ridgeline 4WD Crew Cab VP
- MSRP: $36,945
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,740
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,500
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Honda Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $32,185
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $36,369.05
- 1.99 per cent financing for up to 84 months but not with cash discounts
2014 Toyota Matrix Auto FWD Convenience Pkg
- MSRP: $20,990
- Freight, PDI, AC tax: $1,655
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $2,000 (Factory incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $19,645
- Total price with 13 per cent HST: $22,198.85
- 2.90 per cent financing for up to 84 months but not with cash discounts
Pricing information source: www.unhaggle.com and www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Where noted, “dealer discounts” are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis. Unhaggle Savings are actual discounts received by Unhaggle customers.
Send your automotive maintenance, buying and repair questions to firstname.lastname@example.org