Nissan’s Titan pickup has been caught in the crossfire of a pickup war being waged between Detroit’s Three car companies – the result being a $10,000 cash discount on the 2013 Nissan Titan.
Ford Motor, General Motors and the Chrysler Group are battling it out for pickup truck leadership, of course. The three combined essentially own the full-size pickup market, with combined share exceeding 90 per cent. Each of the Detroit Three has been riding deep discounts to retain their hold on buyers who are also by nature incredibly loyal.
To remain in the game, Nissan has – like the Detroiters – been slapping on the incentives. The Titan is a perfectly solid pickup and with the latest offer, is a reasonable buy. The $10,000 discount is for cash purchases only, but Nissan Canada also has a $3,250 discount in play and it can be combined with 0.0 per cent financing for up to 84 months.
Over at Honda, sales of the CR-V compact crossover have slowed this year. To juice them, Honda Canada has slapped on a $2,500 factory discount. It can be combined with 0.99 per cent financing for up to 48 months.
Deals of the Week is also interested in discount worth up to $10,000 on the luxurious Audi A8. A before-tax factory-to-dealer incentive of $5,000 is in play. Also on offer is a $5,000 “Conquest” deal aimed intended to attract current owners of a fairly long list of rival premium automobiles.
Finally, buyers looking for a deal on an economical four-door hatchback should know about $1,700 in Dealer Cash on the Elantra GT. This deal can be combined with 2.98 per cent finance rate for up to 84 months.
As usual, pricing information here was supplied by http://www.carcostcanada.com/1/en/, among other sources. Consult your dealer for all the details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2013 Audi A8 Premium 4.0L
- MSRP: $106,700
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $4,500
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Alternate Cash Back Program factory-to-dealer rebate on cash purchases only)
- Taxable subtotal: $99,295
- Total price with 13% HST: $112,203.35
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Conquest Cash factory-to-dealer rebate for existing Acura, BMW, Jaguar, Infiniti, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Mini, Porsche, Saab, Volvo who purchase or lease a new Audi)
- Final price: $107,203.35
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT GL automatic (limited availability)
- MSRP: $20,349
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,595
- Dealer discount (estimated): $500
- Factory discount: $1,700 (Dealer Cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $19,744
- Total price with 13% HST: $22,310.72
- 2.98% finance rate for up to 84 months
2013 Nissan Titan 4WD Crew Cab SWB PRO-4X
- MSRP: $46,198
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,830
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,700
- Factory discount: $10,000 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $36,328
- Total price with 13% HST: $41,050.64
- Stackable Trading Dollars of $3,250 can be combined with 0.0 per cent financing for up to 84 months
2013 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L
- MSRP: $33,240
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,740
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,100
- Factory discount: $2,500 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate on cash purchases)
- Taxable subtotal: $31,380
- Total price with 13% HST: $35,459.40
- 0.99% financing for up to 48 months
Pricing information source: www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.