You will not find a more reliable premium crossover than the Lexus RX 350, and with an updated version coming as a 2013 model, Lexus has a tidy offer on the table for leftover 2012s – $5,000 on cash purchases.
The RX, just in case you need reminding, once again ranked first among mid-size premium crossovers in the latest J.D. Power and Associates three-year Vehicle Dependability Study. Lexus also finished first among all brands. Neither is shocking. The only risk you take in buying an RX is that the vehicle itself will outlast your affection for it.
The $5,000 offer applies only to cash purchases, but if you need to lease, Lexus Canada has a $2,000 discount and it can be combined with a 1.8 per cent lease rate for up to five years. Many buyers in this segment lease, so this alternative to the cash offer is noteworthy.
While we’re on the subject of crossovers, two other deals caught our eye. Hyundai, battling to hold onto market share in the incredibly competitive small and mainstream crossover market, has a $4,000 discount on the $22,899 Tucson and other versions, too. This is a sharp-looking rig and a solid family vehicle all round.
Then there is Chrysler Canada. The Journey crossover is the No. 8 best-selling light truck in Canada. Why? Aside from the fact it is a perfectly functional wagon, one available in all sorts of configurations …well, the price is right. A $20,999 Journey Canada Value Package is on offer with a $2,000 factory discount and that can be combined with 4.99 per cent finance rates for up to 96 months. The long payback will reduce your monthly payments, though eight years is quite a long time to be making payments on the same vehicle.
As usual, Deals of the Week obtained pricing information from www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources. Consult your dealer for all the details. In the meantime, here are the numbers.
2012 Lexus RX 350
- MSRP: $44,950
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,050
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,700
- Taxable subtotal: $45,300
- Total price with 13% HST: $51,189
- Factory discount: $5,000 (non-stackable trading dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Final price: $46,189
- $2,000 lease factory assist available with 1.8% lease rate for up to five years
2012 Infiniti M37 RWD
- MSRP: $52,500
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,000
- Factory discount: $5,000 (non-stackable merchandising dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $47,595
- Total price with 13% HST: $53,782.35
2012 Hyundai Tucson L Auto FWD
- MSRP: $22,899
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,860
- Dealer discount (estimated): $400
- Factory discount: $4,000 (stackable cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $20,359
- Total price with 13% HST: $23,005.67
- Can be combined with 0.0% financing for up to four years
2012 Dodge Journey Canada Value Package
- MSRP: $20,995
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,600
- Dealer discount (estimated): $400
- Factory discount: $2,000 (consumer cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $20,195
- Total price with 13% HST: $22,820.35
- Can be combined with 4.99% finance rates for up to 96 months
Pricing information source:www.carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers.Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.