Toyota’s Lexus premium brand is in rebuilding mode, readying what amounts to an entire showroom-full of new or seriously updated models for this year. Not to be overlooked are the existing models – or better still, last year’s.
The Lexus IS 350 is a good example. It’s the closest thing Lexus has to a BMW 3-Series fighter and is on offer now with a $3,000 factory discount. Yes, it’s a little aged compared to the all-new 3-Series, the updated Mercedes-Benz C-Class or the facelifted Audi A4. But make no mistake: it’s dead reliable and an interesting value if you can find a leftover 2011 model out there.
Somewhat more eye-popping are discounts that could exceed $20,000 on a 2012 Mercedes-Benz SL550 roadster. The $126,000 sticker price is slightly intimidating, but not so much when you slice 20 large off that number.
Deals of the Week also noticed a $1,000 discount on a nicely equipped Honda Accord sedan. Honda will unleash a reinvented Accord this fall, so better deals may yet materialize, though no one can be entirely certain of this.
And pickups? Consider the $5,000 Nissan has slapped on the Frontier midsize rig. This one is easier to park in shopping malls than full-size trucks such as the Nissan Titan or Ford F-Series, yet it is almost as functional.
As usual, Deals of the Week obtained pricing information from www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources. Here are the numbers.
2011 Lexus IS 350 RWD
- MSRP: $51,250
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,050
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,500
- Factory discount: $3,000 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $47,800
- Total price with 13% HST: $54,014
- 0.8 finance or lease rate for up to 48 months cannot be combined with Trading Dollars
2012 Mercedes-Benz SL550 roadster
- MSRP: $126,000
- Freight, air conditioning tax and dealer prep: $2,095
- Dealer discount: $5,500
- Factory discount: $18,500 (Direct Support Finance and Lease Cash factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $104,095
- Total price with 13% HST: $117,627.35
- $10,500 rebate can be combined with 2.90% finance rate for 60 months or 4.9% lease rate for 36 months
2012 Honda Accord EX-L w/NAVI sedan I4
- MSRP: $31,790
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax and Green Levy: $1,650
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,000
- Factory discount: $1,000 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $31,440
- Total price with 13% HST: $35,527.70
- 1.99% finance rate for 36 months or 1.99% lease rate cannot be combined with Trading Dollars
2012 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab 4WD LWB
- MSRP: $34,278
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $1,695
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,000
- Factory discount: $5,000 (Non-stackable Trading Dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $28,973
- Total price with 13% HST: $32,739.49
- $1,500 Stackable Trading Dollars can be combined with 0.0% finance rate for up to 72 months
Pricing information source: carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.Report Typo/Error