Nicolas Verneuil, a senior marketing manager at Nissan Canada, told me that buyers will find generous deals on the 2012 Nissan Altima over the next few weeks – during this run-up period to the launch of the all-new 2013 Nissan Altima in late July.
“We expect especially huge sales numbers in May and June; there are lots of good deals,” he said, noting that Nissan’s dealers have plenty of 2012 Altimas in stock. The outgoing Altima is a perfectly good family sedan. In fact, for the last two years, it has been the No. 1 midsize car in Canada among the Japanese cars in this segment.
Moreover, the outgoing Altima is the top-rated midsize sedan by Consumer Reports. It has also been consistently ranked at the top of quality surveys from J.D. Power and Associates for several years, too. This deal is certainly worth a look for anyone in need of reliable, affordable family-type transportation.
Meanwhile, last week Deals noticed a $1,000 offer on the Toyota Corolla, but this week we see a Corolla deal worth double that. Yes, you’ll find a $2,000 discount on a Corolla according to www.carcostcanada.com; for a limited time it can also be combined with 0.0 per cent financing for three years and the $1,000 deal, too. This offer, like most from Toyota, is applied to the after-tax amount.
Those who need space and functionality in a smaller package might want to know about what Volkswagen Canada has in play on the 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan compact SUV: $1,500 in a dealer cash factory-to-dealer rebate. And now that we’re in full springtime sunshine mode, the $3,500 factory-to-dealer discount on Infiniti’s G37 hardtop convertible is interesting if you like to drive topless.
As usual, Deals of the Week obtained pricing information from www.carcostcanada.com, among other sources. Here are the numbers.
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S:
- MSRP: $23,998
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,795
- Dealer discount (estimated): $850
- Factory discount: $3,000 (trading dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Factory discount: $600 (employee pricing factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $21,343
- Total price with 13% HST: $24,117.59
- Note: 0.0% financing available, but it cannot be combined with trading dollars
2012 Toyota Corolla S auto:
- MSRP: $21,500
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,565
- Dealer discount (estimated): $750
- Taxable subtotal: $22,315
- Total price with 13% HST: $25,215.95
- Factory discount: $1,000 (consumer cash factory-to-consumer rebate)
- Factory discount: $2,000 (cash Discount factory-to-consumer rebate)
- Final price: $22,215.95
- Note: Can be combined with 0.0% financing for three years
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan Trendline 4Motion automatic:
- MSRP: $31,275
- Freight, dealer prep, A/C tax: $1,680
- Dealer discount (estimated): $900
- Factory discount: $1,500 (dealer discount factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $30,555
- Total price with 13% HST: $34,527.15
- Note: Dealer cash cannot be combined with 0.0% financing for four years
2012 Infiniti G37 convertible Auto Premier:
- MSRP: $61,700
- Freight, dealer prep, A/C tax: $2,095
- Dealer discount (estimated): $2,850
- Factory discount: $3,500 (non-stackable merchandising dollars factory-to-dealer rebate)
- Taxable subtotal: $57,455
- Total price with 13% HST: $64,912.85
Pricing information source: carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Dealer discounts are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis.Report Typo/Error