Welcome to the $5,000-plus club – factory incentives in the $5,000-plus range that surely will keep things percolating in an already-firing market for new vehicle sales in Canada.
Take the Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG roadster. The factory money in play comes to $10,000, and it can be combined with a dealer discount that might top $6,800. That will take a whack out of a high-performance sports car stickering at $159,000.
The rival Audi R8 Spyder convertible ($159,500) is also wearing a $10,000 factory discount, plus a $2,000 Audi Loyalty bonus plus a dealer discount (negotiated) that could top $8,000.
The list of fat offers goes on and on. Nissan Canada has $12,000 on the Titan pickup. Chevrolet has a $4,000 factory deal on the Suburban SUV (sport-utility vehicle) plus a likely $5,000-plus dealer discount.
Hyundai’s Equus is moving with a $4,000 factory offer, the outgoing and aged Volvo XC90 SUV has a $9,500 factory incentive and even the relatively new and competitively priced Kia Cadenza is available with $4,800 in factory money on the table. This being convertible season, don’t overlook Infiniti’s $5,000 incentive on the Q60 convertible.
Yes, it’s a buyer’s market out there. There is no other way to explain why May new vehicle sales in Canada hit an all-time high for the month.
Deals of the Week consulted with unhaggle.com, Car Help Canada, carcostcanada.com, and other sources on these offers. As usual, pricing information here is subject to change and dealer discounts vary, so consult your dealer for the final details, including expiry dates for all offers.
2014 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Roadster
- MSRP: $159,900
- Freight, dealer prep, air conditioning tax: $2,625
- Dealer discount (estimated): $6,800
- Factory discount: $10,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $144,825
- Total price with 13% HST: $163,652.25
- The $10,000 manufacturer incentive is available with 1.9% financing for 48 or 60 months or a 3.90% lease rate for 39 months
2014 Kia Cadenza 4 door Sedan Base
- MSRP: $37,895
- Freight, dealer prep and air conditioning tax: $1,620
- Dealer discount (estimated): $1,700
- Factory discount: $4,800 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $33,015
- Total price with 13% HST: $37,306.95
- A $1,500 manufacturer incentive is available with 0.90% financing for 48, 60 or 84 months or a lease rate of 1.90% for 48 or 60 months
2014 Infiniti Q60 Convertible 2 door Auto IPL Stone Interior
- MSRP: $67,300
- Freight, dealer prep, AC tax: $2,130
- Dealer discount (estimated): $5,600
- Factory discount: $5,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $58,830
- Total price with 13% HST: $66,477.90
- A $2,250 manufacturer incentive is available with 1.90% financing for 48 or 60 months or 2.90% lease rate for 48 months.
2014 BMW 650i xDrive Cabriolet
- MSRP: $109,900
- Freight, PDI, AC tax: $2,230
- Dealer discount (estimated): $5,200
- Factory discount: $15,000 (manufacturer incentive)
- Taxable subtotal: $91,930
- Total price with 13% HST: $103,880.90
- The manufacturer incentive is available with 2.90 financing for 48 or 60 months or a 2.90% lease rate for 39 months
Pricing information source: unhaggle.com and carcostcanada.com. Calculations based on Ontario customers. Please note that while the information above is accurate at the time of publication, incentives are given at the discretion of individual dealers, and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Where noted, “dealer discounts” are negotiated with the customer on a case-by-case basis. Unhaggle Savings are actual discounts received by Unhaggle customers.
If you have questions about driving or car maintenance, please contact our experts at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @Globe_Drive.
Add us to your circles.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.Report Typo/Error