Morguard Financial Corp. recently won a 2013 Lipper Award for its management of the CIBC Canadian Real Estate Fund, marking the third year in a row this fund has been recognized by the annual Thomson Reuters awards. It gained an annualized return of 15.92 per cent for the three years ended last December.
Morguard portfolio manager Derek Warren has been sub-adviser to the fund since 1997 and has over 15 years experience managing real estate and balanced investment mandates. He has focused on research and analysis of publicly-listed REITs and real estate operating companies during his time at Morguard. He joined us Wednesday in a live chat to answer questions from readers on his investing strategy and top picks.
Mobile users can click here for an easier-to-read version of the discussion.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Artis Real Estate Investment Trust$13.60-0.13(-0.95%)
- Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust$50.36+0.01(+0.02%)
- First Capital Realty Inc$20.09-0.20(-0.99%)
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc$48.89-0.57(-1.15%)
- Dream Office Real Estate Investment Trust$20.04-0.05(-0.25%)
- Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust$14.43-0.21(-1.43%)
- H&R Real Estate Investment Trust$23.32-0.17(-0.72%)
- Updated April 21 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.