Investing doesn't have to be scary if you have the right tools. If you're ready to get better at investing in 2011, then try our new Watchlist. It lets investors of all ages and experience create their own personalized lists of investments to follow.
Here are five reasons to use Watchlist:
1. Do your own research. How well are your investments doing? Are there better investments out there? If you're not sure, then Watchlist is a good tool to help you find answers. Even if you have a financial advisor, doing your own research can help you ensure your investments are the right ones for you.
2. Stay informed. Watchlist can give you an overview of prices and ratios, but it also can aggregate all the news in your Watchlist into one view. If you'd like to read the latest news about all the stocks, funds, commodities, currencies and indexes you track, change the View to 'All news.'
3. Easy-to-find stock symbols. It can be a headache trying to find the right ticker symbols for the thousands of stocks and funds out there. But Watchlist makes it as easy as possible with its auto-completion functionality. For example, if you want to follow Canadian Tire's stock to see how it is performing, but don't know it's TSX symbol, begin typing the company name in the orange search field. Once you find it, click "Add to Watchlist."
4. Everything in one place. If you want to follow several stocks and funds, you can check on all of these plus various currencies, commodities and indexes ( Canadian and international) in one view. No need any more to visit multiple sites or multiples tools to check in on prices for different types of investments.
5. Keep track of your investments at work, at home and on vacation. After you've registered with the Globe and Mail, you can access your Watchlist from any computer anywhere.
From all the staff at GlobeInvestor.com, we hope you find our new Watchlist useful and have a profitable year in 2011.Report Typo/Error