The Before the Bell report is compiled by editors of The Globe and Mail and is updated throughout the morning to reflect latest developments. Colin Cieszynski, Chartered Financial Analyst and Chartered Market Technician, is chief market strategist with CMC Markets.
Stock markets around the world are off to a mixed start this week. Asia Pacific started lower with the Nikkei falling 0.9 per cent. The FTSE, DAX and U.S. index futures are all pretty much flat. Crude oil is up 0.6 per cent.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Crude Oil Front Month Futures$49.19+0.22(+0.45%)
- Gold Front Month Futures$1,267.20+3.50(+0.28%)
- Copper High Grade Front Month Futures$2.59+0.01(+0.45%)
- S&P 500 INDEX2,384.20-4.57(-0.19%)
- Dow Jones Industrials20,940.51-40.82(-0.19%)
- NASDAQ NMS COMPOSITE INDEX6,047.61-1.33(-0.02%)
- S&P/TSX Composite15,586.13+79.66(+0.51%)
- S&P/TSX Venture Composite806.77+6.36(+0.79%)
- Updated April 28 4:33 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.