Bank stock quandary: Try to pick the best banks, or just buy them all.
A reader asked this question recently. He wanted to know the pros and cons of buying individual bank stocks versus a Canadian bank ETF. Let’s dig into this using the BMO S&P/TSX Equal Weight Banks Index ETF (ZEB-T) and the shares of each of the Big Six bank. We’ll keep track of all the contestants using Globeinvestor’s Watchlist feature.Report Typo/Error
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$110.25+0.54(+0.49%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$64.23+0.06(+0.09%)
- Bank of Montreal$96.66+0.07(+0.07%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$75.88+0.57(+0.76%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$93.47-0.19(-0.20%)
- BMO S&P/TSX Equal Weight Banks Index ETF$26.88+0.07(+0.28%)
- Updated April 28 3:59 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.