Uranium stocks are up sharply today as investors react to news that brings Japan closer to restarting nuclear reactors left idled after the Fukushima disaster in 2011.
But analysts are warning that a return to lasting bullish sentiment for uranium may still be a way off.
Japan’s nuclear regulator, the Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NRA), has confirmed the safety of two reactors at the Sendai nuclear power plant in northern Japan. The reactors were on a shortlist for priority screening due to the local utility’s willingness towards implementing safety measures that are among the most strict in the world.Report Typo/Error
- Cameco Corp$14.48+0.12(+0.84%)
- Cameco Corp$10.73+0.08(+0.75%)
- UxC Uranium U3O8 Swap Futures c1$23.000.00(0.00%)
- Uranium Participation Corp$4.13-0.04(-0.96%)
- Global X Uranium ETF$14.66-0.13(-0.88%)
- Denison Mines Corp$0.80-0.01(-1.23%)
- Denison Mines Corp$0.59-0.01(-0.86%)
- Paladin Energy Ltd$0.110.00(0.00%)
- Ur-Energy Inc$0.82-0.01(-1.20%)
- Ur-Energy Inc$0.63+0.02(+2.85%)
- Energy Fuels Inc$2.68-0.02(-0.74%)
- Clean Energy Fuels Corp$2.49+0.02(+0.61%)
- Updated April 21 3:19 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.