Dividend growth is great, but it’s even better with a side order of dividend momentum.
Let’s define momentum as a company showing much stronger dividend growth in the past 12 months than in the previous five-year period. Of course, this is a very rough guide to future dividend increases. A company might get cocky and increase dividends in a way that proves unsustainable. But a spike in dividend growth can also suggest a company’s executive team sees better times ahead.Report Typo/Error
- Gildan Activewear Inc$36.61+0.34(+0.94%)
- TransCanada Corp$60.00+0.85(+1.44%)
- Saputo Inc$45.68-0.10(-0.22%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$110.78+1.30(+1.19%)
- Fortis Inc$40.39+0.45(+1.13%)
- Power Corporation of Canada$29.83+0.20(+0.67%)
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd$53.33-0.46(-0.86%)
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd$204.75+3.63(+1.80%)
- Metro Inc$40.35+0.49(+1.23%)
- Updated December 7 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.