Dividend growth is great, but it’s even better with a side order of dividend momentum.
Let’s define momentum as a company showing much stronger dividend growth in the past 12 months than in the previous five-year period. Of course, this is a very rough guide to future dividend increases. A company might get cocky and increase dividends in a way that proves unsustainable. But a spike in dividend growth can also suggest a company’s executive team sees better times ahead.Report Typo/Error
- Gildan Activewear Inc$35.73+0.19(+0.53%)
- TransCanada Corp$61.85+0.15(+0.24%)
- Saputo Inc$46.24-0.60(-1.28%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$117.20-0.06(-0.05%)
- Fortis Inc$44.31+0.21(+0.48%)
- Power Corporation of Canada$31.54+0.17(+0.54%)
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd$57.53-0.09(-0.16%)
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd$197.26-0.10(-0.05%)
- Metro Inc$41.07-0.40(-0.96%)
- Updated March 29 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.