Dividend growth is great, but it’s even better with a side order of dividend momentum.
Let’s define momentum as a company showing much stronger dividend growth in the past 12 months than in the previous five-year period. Of course, this is a very rough guide to future dividend increases. A company might get cocky and increase dividends in a way that proves unsustainable. But a spike in dividend growth can also suggest a company’s executive team sees better times ahead.Report Typo/Error
- Gildan Activewear Inc$35.34+0.17(+0.48%)
- TransCanada Corp$61.94-0.90(-1.43%)
- Saputo Inc$47.17+0.32(+0.68%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$100.76+0.16(+0.16%)
- Fortis Inc$43.35+0.58(+1.36%)
- Power Corporation of Canada$28.74+0.10(+0.35%)
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd$64.55-0.78(-1.19%)
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd$194.93-1.08(-0.55%)
- Metro Inc$42.28+0.41(+0.98%)
- Updated October 24 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.