Without their ambitious international expansion plans, Canada’s biggest banks would be constrained by their large size in their home market, their dependence on domestic economic activity and the direction of interest rates.
That is, they would look like a Canadian version of U.S.-based Wells Fargo & Co. – which isn’t a good thing, according to Hamilton Capital Partners, a Toronto-based investment manager that specializes in financial services companies.Report Typo/Error
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$85.00+0.29(+0.34%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$112.00+0.31(+0.28%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$65.75+0.58(+0.89%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$49.90+0.48(+0.97%)
- Wells Fargo & Co$57.14-0.15(-0.26%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$90.30+0.87(+0.97%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$68.53+0.73(+1.08%)
- Updated December 9 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.