John Stephenson is senior vice-president and portfolio manager at First Asset Investment Management. His focus is on North American large caps and resource stocks.
Citigroup is a re-rated stock that is trading at a significant discount.
KKR & Co.
KKR is levered to the recovery in the global economy and has an extremely strong balance sheet
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan offers a best-in-class management team and a diversity of revenue streams.
Past picks: April 10, 2012
First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
Total return: –6.69 per cent
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.
Total return: +2.80 per cent
Cenovus Energy Inc.
Total return: –14.03 per cent
Total return average: –5.97 per cent
Investors should continue to overweight U.S. equities in their investment portfolios as the relative fundamentals in the U.S. are improving (consumer confidence, jobs, debt-to-disposable-income and house prices) whereas the Canadian outlook is deteriorating in the face of slower Chinese growth.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Citigroup Inc$49.57-0.01(-0.02%)
- KKR & Co LP$14.02+0.13(+0.94%)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co$68.49+0.23(+0.34%)
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd$11.70+0.16(+1.39%)
- Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc$21.89+0.46(+2.15%)
- Cenovus Energy Inc$20.88+0.41(+2.00%)
- Updated October 21 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.