John Stephenson is senior vice-president and portfolio manager at First Asset Investment Management. His focus is on North American large caps and resource stocks.
Citigroup is a re-rated stock that is trading at a significant discount.
KKR & Co.
KKR is levered to the recovery in the global economy and has an extremely strong balance sheet
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan offers a best-in-class management team and a diversity of revenue streams.
Past picks: April 10, 2012
First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
Total return: –6.69 per cent
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.
Total return: +2.80 per cent
Cenovus Energy Inc.
Total return: –14.03 per cent
Total return average: –5.97 per cent
Investors should continue to overweight U.S. equities in their investment portfolios as the relative fundamentals in the U.S. are improving (consumer confidence, jobs, debt-to-disposable-income and house prices) whereas the Canadian outlook is deteriorating in the face of slower Chinese growth.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Citigroup Inc$47.11+0.39(+0.83%)
- KKR & Co LP$14.57-0.11(-0.75%)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co$66.22+0.15(+0.23%)
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd$10.76-0.08(-0.74%)
- Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc$20.86-0.45(-2.11%)
- Cenovus Energy Inc$19.30-0.06(-0.31%)
- Updated August 26 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.