Globe editors have posted this research report with permission of Thomson Reuters. This should not be construed as an endorsement of the report’s recommendations. For more on The Globe’s disclaimers please read here. The following text is excerpted from the report:
In this, our Q2 release of the TRust Index, we offer an array of metrics that align to the state of trust in the global financial community through the first half of 2013.
Our proprietary sentiment analysis provides an ongoing indicator by drawing on millions of news and social media sources to illustrate the state of trust in global financial institutions. Here, tracking trust for the Top 50 Global Financials (based on market capitalization) shows trust remained relatively stable over Q2 for the benchmark group as a whole, but revealed variances on a regional level. Trust, as expressed through news and social media sentiment analysis, declined slightly for institutions in Asia and the Americas, while European institutions gained.
Earnings growth estimates for Q2/2013 show analysts continue to have high expectations for financials relative to other sectors.
After nearly a year of relative CDS stability, there was a small increase at the end of Q2, evident for both the Top 50 Global Financials and within all three regions, but well below the spreads seen in 2011.
Read the full report here.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Deutsche Bank AG$13.76-0.33(-2.38%)
- Barclays PLC$7.62+0.01(+0.20%)
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC$4.69-0.23(-4.67%)
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC$2.96-0.08(-2.63%)
- JPMorgan Chase and Co$62.01+0.81(+1.33%)
- Bank of America Corp$13.28+0.08(+0.64%)
- UBS Group AG$12.90-0.14(-1.07%)
- Citigroup Inc$42.36+0.24(+0.57%)
- Wells Fargo & Co$47.13+0.16(+0.34%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$55.78+0.24(+0.43%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$76.69-0.21(-0.27%)
- Bank of Montreal$82.12-0.12(-0.15%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$97.11-0.81(-0.83%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$63.50-0.29(-0.45%)
- Updated June 30 1:50 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.