Globe editors have posted this research report with permission of National Bank Financial. This should not be construed as an endorsement of the report’s recommendations. For more on The Globe’s disclaimers please read here. The following is excerpted from the report:
With earnings season getting underway in earnest this week, we take a look the value of stocks in the technology sector and what to watch out for from the big players.
Within the report we discuss:
•Whether we are seeing a tech bubble with price gains outpacing earnings
•Which stocks may be overvalued heading into earnings season
•What the reaction to Intel’s earnings report reveals about investor expectations
•Specific indications traders are watching for from companies such as Apple and Facebook.
With Google trading above 1,000 and the NASDAQ Composite back above 4,000 some have been asking of tech stocks are in a 1999-style bubble once again. While that doesn’t appear to be the case the strong gains of the last year mean that expectations have risen dramatically and some stocks could be vulnerable if they don’t deliver.
Read the full report here.
Read other research reports here.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Intel Corp$34.16+0.40(+1.18%)
- International Business Machines Corp$160.02+0.20(+0.13%)
- Texas Instruments Inc$70.72+0.31(+0.44%)
- Microsoft Corp$59.25+0.05(+0.08%)
- Apple Inc$109.90+0.41(+0.37%)
- Netflix Inc$120.81+3.59(+3.06%)
- LinkedIn Corp$195.20-0.11(-0.06%)
- Yahoo! Inc$40.07+0.44(+1.11%)
- Facebook Inc$115.40+0.30(+0.26%)
- Alphabet Inc$750.50+2.58(+0.34%)
- Twitter Inc$17.93-0.10(-0.55%)
- Tesla Motors Inc$181.47-0.41(-0.23%)
- Pandora Media Inc$13.33+1.85(+16.11%)
- BlackBerry Ltd$10.06+0.02(+0.20%)
- Updated December 2 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.