You and your adviser must both take steps to work well together.
What should my adviser do for me?
- Act in your best interest
- Keep your personal information safe
- Get your OK before buying or selling anything for you
- Never sell you anything you don't understand.
What do I need to do for my adviser?
- Talk openly. Be honest, and don't leave anything out
- Tell your adviser about any big changes in your life
- Read every report you get. Even if you let your adviser choose what you invest in, keep track.
Remember: Both you and your adviser have work to do
You and your adviser have to work as a team. Make sure you know what to expect and what your adviser expects from you.
Content in this section is provided in partnership with the Investor Education Fund, a non-profit organization promoting financial literacy to Canadians. To find out more go to GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca.