A tax-sheltered plan is an account or investment lets you defer tax while you save and invest. You don’t have to pay tax on what you earn until you take the money out. There are a number of different tax-sheltered options in Canada. They all help you save tax in different ways, at different stages of your life. Learn more now about:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) (also Life Income Fund and Life Retirement Income Fund)
- Locked-in Retirement Accounts (LIRAs)
- Permanent life insurance
- Limited partnerships (LPs)
Content in this section is provided in partnership with the Investor Education Fund, a non-profit organization promoting financial literacy to Canadians. To find out more go to GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca.