Press release from Business Wire
CommVault Drives Discussion on Mitigating Risks for Cloud Storage at Annual LegalTech Conference
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
OCEANPORT, N.J. (Business Wire) -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT):
- CommVault's Shannon Smith, Esq., Information Governance Specialist, will moderate a Town Hall panel session featuring leading legal, eDiscovery and Information Governance executives at the Annual LegalTech Conference taking place Jan. 31 – Feb. 2 at the New York Hilton, New York City.
- The Town Hall session titled, “Understanding and Reducing the Risk of Cloud Technology,” will begin at 12:00 noon ET on Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2011 and will share best practices on how to manage and mitigate risks associated with moving data off-site and into cloud storage, addressing concerns with security, authenticity, chain of custody, jurisdiction and contractual challenges.
- CommVault® Simpana® software provides an effective framework for managing a range of information governance activities including retaining and accessing archive e-mail messages, files and documents, along with backup data. All this is achieved from a single console and a single infrastructure, that can provide one of the most comprehensive, risk-averse and cost-effective eDiscovery solutions that exists today.
- CommVault will exhibit at LegalTech in booth #1401 where company experts will showcase how Simpana software helps organizations achieve unprecedented agility in accessing information, managing risk and demonstrating governance across both physical and virtual environments.
Town Hall Session: “Understanding and Mitigating the Risks of Cloud Storage”
You've heard the buzz about cloud technology. It's one of the newest computing frontiers and is generating massive interest from organizations seeking to outsource computing, applications and storage. It's true that migrating data to an external cloud can lead to sizable savings on capital and operational expenses. However, there are a host of potential security and privacy issues that can arise and expose organizations to unique risks.
- Does migration change the metadata or content in any way?
- What process is used to move data?
- Can a chain of custody for data be established?
- What is the physical location of my data and who has access?
- Does the data stay in one place?
- Is there legal hold and review capability in event of an eDiscovery request?
- What other types of companies have data co-located with mine and are they subjected to federal regulations or intense auditing that could impact my data?
When: Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2011; 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm ET
Where: The Hilton New York, New York City
CommVault Simpana 9 Software for Information Governance:
More CommVault news
Visit CommVault's delicious page
Visit CommVault's Flickr photostream
Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds:
Follow CommVault on Twitter:
Follow CommVault on Facebook:
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data and information management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software modules were designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Backup, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Investor Relations Contact: