Press release from PR Newswire
Assurant Employee Benefits Announces Efforts to Assist Customers Impacted by Hurricane Irene
Friday, August 26, 2011
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Aug. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In anticipation of Hurricane Irene, Assurant Employee Benefits is prepared to assist its affected policyholders and brokers through this challenging time. A primary goal of our business has always been to help our customers and their employers return to normalcy in the face of loss and difficulties. That long-standing commitment will remain our goal as we work with potential victims of Hurricane Irene.
Assurant Employee Benefits is implementing several actions to assist our customers in Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and other states that may be impacted:
- Extended grace periods for payment of premiums in accordance with state guidelines.
- Flexible time limits as needed to address circumstances of specific policyholders.
- Displaced policyholders may seek out-of-network dental care at the in-network level through Friday, Sept. 2, 2011.
To report claims or make inquiries, customers who are affected by the hurricane are encouraged to call Assurant Employee Benefits toll free at 800-733-7879 for assistance.
Customers with disaster-related insurance inquiries or issues that are not Assurant Employee Benefits related should call their state departments of insurance at the phone numbers listed below:
- Connecticut Department of Insurance: 860-297-3900 or 800-203-3447
- Maryland Department of Insurance: 800-492-6116
- Massachusetts Department of Insurance: 617-521-7794
- New Jersey Department of Insurance: 800-446-7467
- New York Department of Insurance: 800-342-3736, 518-474-6600 (Albany) or 212-480-6400 (New York City)
- North Carolina Department of Insurance: 800-546-5664 (in North Carolina only) or 919-807-6750 (outside North Carolina)
- Pennsylvania Department of Insurance: 877-881-6388
- South Carolina Department of Insurance: 803-737-6160
- Virginia Department of Insurance: 804-371-9741 or 1-800-552-7945 (Virginia only)
Customers who are members of the Employee Assistance Program are encouraged to call 800-624-5544 if they need assistance in dealing with stress or other issues as a result of the hurricane and related events.
About Assurant Employee Benefits
Assurant Employee Benefits specializes in quality employee benefits and services, including long-term and short-term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dental coverage, and disability reinsurance management services. Assurant Employee Benefits is the brand name for insurance products underwritten by Union Security Insurance Company and for prepaid dental products provided by an affiliated prepaid dental company. In New York, insurance products are underwritten and prepaid products are provided by Union Security Life Insurance Company of New York, which is licensed in New York and has its principal place of business in Syracuse, New York. Plans contain limitations, exclusions and restrictions.
Assurant Employee Benefits is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. www.assurant.com
Follow Assurant Employee Benefits news on Twitter @aebnews and by subscribing to our RSS feed in our media room at www.assurantemployeebenefits.com.
SOURCE Assurant Employee Benefits
For further information: Renee Robinson, PR Consultant, Assurant Employee Benefits, +1-816-556-7815, Cell: +1-816-813-7411, firstname.lastname@example.org