Press release from Business Wire
Staples® Brings Easy to Customized Print Products with Broader Selection, Expertise and Convenience
Thursday, October 13, 2011
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (Business Wire) -- Staples® (NASDAQ: SPLS), the world's largest office products company and a trusted source for copy and print solutions, is making it easy for small businesses to create an identity, build their brands and produce customized marketing materials. Staples Copy & Print features an expanded selection of high-quality printed products and the convenience of ordering on Staples.com or in Staples stores nationwide. Staples Certified Print Pros are available to help any size business with all their printing needs.
As a true marketing partner, Staples new print services has everything a small business needs to build brand image, create unique marketing materials, save time and develop customized materials with expert advice. Plus, now through Nov. 12, Staples is offering 30 percent off all purchases of Copy & Print services of $30 or more produced in store, online or by phone.
“Staples wants to see small businesses succeed with print solutions that combine great quality and value,” said John Burke, Senior Vice President of Business Services, Staples, Inc. “Our customers can easily create a professional look and feel for their business with our improved design studio and work with our Staples Certified Print Pros who are available to offer their expertise on any type of copy & print job.”
Staples Copy & Print services now provide best-in-class options including:
- Expanded selection: With more than 1,000 new designs and products, Staples makes it easy to see new design templates and order. New products such as postcards and templates for brochures and flyers, show customers how their brand will translate across various products and offer other related product suggestions.
- Convenience: Whether customers prefer creating an order online at Staples.com, working one on one with any of our 1,500 Staples' in-store print professionals or calling a highly trained customer service representative, Staples makes it easy every step of the way. Orders can be delivered to the home or office, or picked it up at the nearest store.
- Professional graphic design: Professional design capabilities means the customer can leave all the technical work of creating a dynamic print product to Staples' experts. Staples' new easy to use website also allows customers to upload their own designs.
Since Staples recognizes that small businesses are looking not only for quality products, but a good value, Staples offers a quality guarantee -- any size job, done right and on time – combined with a low price guarantee. Print orders will be delivered as quickly as seven business days, and in most cases, as soon as three business days. If a customer needs something sooner, such as business cards, the order can be ready in any Staples® store in a matter of hours.
“If you're a small-business owner, creating a distinct brand image for your product or service is essential – and can be accomplished through some very simple methods,” said Karen Post, the branding diva® and author of Brand Turnaround. “Staples new print service has everything a small business needs to make their brand stand out with brand image, consistent and high quality marketing materials and develop customized business cards and stationary.”
From postcards and business cards to brochures and flyers, Post offers the following tips for small businesses to create a memorable brand or image:
- Start with a game plan: Ask yourself, how do you want people and customers to think about you or your business? Consider what your story is and what makes your product, service and company unique.
- Make your marketing consistent: Keeping a consistent message across all your marketing materials and efforts can help customers remember your brand. Cross media consistency is key – from printed materials to your website and online image to reinforce the personality of your company.
- Make it yours: Distinction cuts through clutter. Consistently communicate what's unique about your brand and company.
- Audit your brand “touch points”: How does your marketing message come in contact with – or touch – your customers? Many small businesses reach customers through postcards, business cards, letterhead, banners, brochures and other marketing materials.
About Staples: Staples is the world's largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media. Follow Staples on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/staples and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/staples.
Jackie Guzman, 561-998-1995
Carrie McElwee, 508-253-1405