Press release from PR Newswire
Burke Norton Joins Salesforce.com as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
Thursday, October 20, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Burke Norton has joined the company as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer. Reporting to Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff, Norton is an accomplished general counsel and business executive with more than 16 years of experience in the technology industry.
Comments on the News:
- "We are thrilled to have someone with Burke's expertise join the salesforce.com team," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "The combination of his legal, corporate and government affairs, and business experience in the technology industry make him a perfect match."
- "As the leader in cloud computing, salesforce.com and its social enterprise solutions have a tremendous opportunity ahead of them," said Burke Norton, EVP and CLO, salesforce.com. "I'm thrilled to become part of the team creating the future of the technology industry."
Burke Norton's Role at Salesforce.com:
- In his role as Chief Legal Officer for salesforce.com, Norton will lead the teams responsible for all legal affairs of the company including corporate and securities law, litigation, intellectual property, regulatory affairs, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, employment law and corporate governance matters.
- As an Executive Vice President, Norton will join the executive leadership team in driving salesforce.com's strategic direction.
Background on Norton:
- Prior to joining salesforce.com, Burke served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Expedia since October 2006.
- Before Expedia, he was a partner at the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati P.C. where he practiced corporate and securities law for 11 years, representing emerging growth and technology companies.
- Norton holds a J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law.
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
- Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
- AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
- Force.com, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For further information: Jane Hynes of salesforce.com, +1-415-901-5079, firstname.lastname@example.org