Press release from Business Wire
GameStop and Rockstar Games Announce Pre-order Exclusive for Video Game Max Payne 3
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
GRAPEVINE, Texas (Business Wire) -- GameStop (NYSE: GME), the world's largest multichannel retailer of video games, and Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), are proud to announce an exciting pre-order exclusive for the highly anticipated video game, Max Payne 3. Customers who pre-order Max Payne 3 at a U.S GameStop store or online at www.GameStop.com will get early access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map. GameStop pre-order customers will have access to the map at the game's launch, weeks before it is made available for download to the public.
GameStop pre-order customers will have access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map weeks before it is made available for download to the public. (Photo: Business Wire)
The final resting place of Max's young wife and daughter, Cemetery represents the tragic past Max cannot forget. With a wintry New York City skyline, sniping positions amongst the monuments, destructible tombstones, circular fighting arenas in a rotunda garden and a looming mausoleum, Cemetery makes a fitting final home for your enemies.
In addition, Rockstar Games has announced the Max Payne 3 Special Edition will be available for pre-order from Nov. 22, 2011 through Jan. 15, 2012 and will include:
- A copy of Max Payne 3;
- 10” tall collectible Max Payne statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games;
- Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne's inner demons and vices;
- Copper- and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back;
- Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem;
- Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail;
- Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game's instrumental score.
The Max Payne 3 Special Edition is ideal for fans and players looking for premium and collectible Max Payne content, including digital character and weapon packs not found anywhere else. The Max Payne 3 Special Edition will retail for $99.99 in North America and is available for pre-order now until Jan. 15, 2012, while supplies last.
Max Payne 3 and the Max Payne 3 Special Edition will be available in March 2012. For more information or to pre-order, visit a GameStop store or go to www.GameStop.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is the world's largest multichannel video game retailer. GameStop's retail network and family of brands include 6,627 company-operated stores in 17 countries worldwide and online at www.GameStop.com. The network also includes: www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer(R) magazine, the leading multi-platform video game publication; Spawn Labs, a streaming technology company; and a digital PC game distribution platform available at http://www.gamestop.com/PC.
General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50081361&lang=en