Press release from PR Newswire
STW Group Selects CommVault Simpana Software to Ensure Scalable, Secure & Seamless Management of Critical Customer Data
Monday, January 16, 2012
? Australia's Leading Marketing Communications Firm Replaces Legacy Software with Centralized Backup, Advanced Recovery & Increased Business Agility to Manage Aggressive Data Growth?
SYDNEY, Jan. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) ?News Facts
- STW Communications Group, Australia's largest marketing communications group, comprising more than 70 marketing, media, advertising, public relations and digital communications firms, is deploying CommVault® Simpana® software to deliver a scalable, centralised backup and recovery solution, utilizing SnapProtect® technology to increase compliance and content management capabilities.
- Representing some of the world's biggest companies and most well-known brands, including BMW, Myer, IBM, Coca-Cola, American Express and St George Bank, STW Group manage huge amounts of data-intensive digital images and video content for its clients and estimate annual data growth of up to 50 percent.
- With CommVault's modern data management approach, STW Group is poised to better manage 120 TBs of mission-critical data, while meeting its member companies' escalating demands for rapid recovery and longer-term retention of vital artwork archives and project files.
- Looking to improve efficiencies and establish a flexible foundation for growth, STW Group turned to CommVault's unique approach to backup and archive which works seamlessly with STW's NetApp FAS 3240 storage system. Using Simpana software to drive the process, STW creates multiple recovery points for its Microsoft Exchange and VMware environments to improve service levels for recoverability, maximise the effectiveness of existing storage hardware investments, and reduce overall business risk.
- By switching to Simpana software, STW Group is replacing several legacy data protection platforms that didn't meet the company's requirements for increased data security. With more cost efficient, integrated data management, CommVault technology will enable the company to compete more effectively for new business by exceeding the requirements for the stringent data protection and availability legislation around financial and healthcare information, which is a prerequisite to winning and sustaining clients in these sectors. According to STW Group, these were some of the most compelling business benefits of the unified CommVault Simpana platform.
Tweet This: STW Group turns to @CommVault #Simpana 9 to manage 120TB of mission-critical data http://bit.ly/xxiF6L #Backup
Seamless Scalability Supports Shared Services Infrastructure
- The combination of Simpana software, NetApp and Cisco's FlexPod? data center solution are the core components of a shared services infrastructure that provides the additional performance and flexibility for STW to keep pace with exponential growth at 40 percent lower cost than an alternative outsourcing arrangement.
- STW anticipates that Simpana software's single pane of glass management will streamline a two-phase data consolidation effort, first encompassing 1,200 users across 12 sites in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. In particular, CommVault's embedded source-side deduplication was a major consideration in STW's overall design as improved efficiencies were sought when performing backups over the WAN.
- This implementation, which is being led by VMtech, a NetApp and CommVault specialist integrator, will be followed by a second rollout involving 1,800 users across multiple locations throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific region.
- According to STW, Simpana software's advanced functionality, including deduplication, archive with content indexing and storage resource management, will fuel increased operational efficiencies while offering a big-picture view of its environment for improvements in proactive data management. Archiving also was a decision factor as the company retains client files and images for up to seven years as part of information governance best practices. All of these elements will deliver a scalable, modern data management solution, and this capability to support likely future compliance and data growth requirements was a critical factor for STW.
- Moreover, STW Group can easily change scope, scale and protection methods using CommVault's capacity licensing model; the company predicts this flexibility will be highly beneficial in forecasting future costs of data growth.
Tom Ceglarek, CIO, STW Communications Group
- "At a high level, we want to reduce our exposure to data loss to one hour and we could make this happen with the combination of CommVault and NetApp technology. If we have a sudden need for more space or a different set-up or experience a disaster, we will be ready. Our new infrastructure will take out the uncertainties, so we'll be able to predict what we need resource-wise with 100 percent confidence."
- "Flexibility and security were major considerations as we are responsible for our client data and must know at all times where it is and where it's going. With such rapid data growth, we don't really know how the business will grow next, but we now have the flexibility and functionality to face whatever comes up."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Softwarehttp://www.commvault.com/products.html
- More on CommVault SnapProtect http://www.commvault.com/solutions-snapprotect.html
- More on Simpana Deduplication Softwarehttp://www.commvault.com/solutions-deduplication.html
- More on CommVault Archivehttp://www.commvault.com/products-archive.html
- More on CommVault Storage Resource Management http://www.commvault.com/products-resource-management.html
- More CommVault newshttp://news.commvault.com/
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
- Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
- Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
About Virtual Machine Technology (VMtech)
A Storage, Virtualization and Communications specialist offering a comprehensive range of solutions in Desktop, Server and Storage Virtualization, backed with 24/7 Managed Services. Working closely with key partners, such as NetApp, CommVault, Cisco, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Citrix, we provide our customers with only "best of breed" technology solutions that offer real business benefits. VMtech can help you design your consolidation strategy, assist in creating the business case with real ROI forecasts, perform capacity and green assessments to confirm the power, space, cooling and carbon efficiency of your datacenter and your entire business.
A singular vision ? a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs ? guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
For further information: CONTACT: Media: Ian Mackie, CommVault, +61 2 8197 7704, firstname.lastname@example.org; Corporate: Gemma Noakes, CommVault, +61 2 8197 7721, email@example.com