Press release from PR Newswire
Autonomy's Market-Leading Meaning-Based Solution Unifies and Simplifies eDiscovery
Monday, January 30, 2012
New Release Enables Legal Teams to Discover 100% of Enterprise Data with One Application for Cloud, On-Premise, Hybrid, and Appliance Installations
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LegalTech -- Autonomy, an HP Company, today announced a significant new release of the company's market-leading eDiscovery solution. Autonomy eDiscovery brings together the best capabilities of Autonomy Stratify for review, Autonomy Introspect for production, and Autonomy Investigator & ECA for identification and culling. Powered by Autonomy IDOL 10, this seamless solution automatically recognizes concepts and ideas in 100% of an organization's data, from unstructured human information, to structured data. Corporations and law firms can leverage Autonomy's advanced technology and eDiscovery expertise in the cloud, on premise, and with purpose-built HP appliances.
One Application for Simplified and Unified eDiscovery
Corporate legal departments and law firms must simultaneously manage hundreds of cases, which involves moving data at each step in the eDiscovery process. This approach introduces risk with each insecure handoff of data between systems. Autonomy eDiscovery radically alters this paradigm by providing a single solution for managing the end-to-end eDiscovery process. The application brings together the following solutions:
- Autonomy Investigator & ECA ? the market's leading solution for rapid early case assessment, and analysis of data "in place."
- Autonomy Stratify ? the preferred solution by lawyers, for its intuitive, easy-to-use interface and workflow.
- Autonomy Introspect ? the top ranked solution for processing, review, and production that delivers unique capabilities for managing complex, multi-party litigation.
Further unifying the eDiscovery process, Autonomy's secure, private cloud simplifies matters by providing in-house and outside counsel with shared access to current litigation activity, to eliminate the need for risky imports, exports, and data transfers between parties.
Autonomy also now offers an eDiscovery Appliance, which combines Autonomy eDiscovery software with HP hardware, including HP ProLiant servers and HP Storage. The turn-key and purpose-built Appliance is ideal for rapid deployment within the enterprise, in a law firm, or by services partners. Within a matter of hours, an organization can set up the Appliance and automatically upload data to Autonomy's secure private cloud or a server for immediate review and production.
Meaning Based Coding for Dynamic, Real-Time eDiscovery
The ability to recognize concepts and patterns in data is absolutely critical to successful eDiscovery. For instance, white collar criminals committing corporate fraud do not use the term "fraud" in their emails or voice mails; they use code words and veiled references that simple keyword technologies would fail to detect.
Autonomy eDiscovery overcomes this challenge with Meaning Based Coding, a groundbreaking technology that leverages IDOL's ability to conceptually understand the meaning of information to provide coding recommendations regarding relevance to one or more issues in a matter. As a result, Autonomy's eDiscovery solution provides legal teams with a significant advantage over predictive coding methods, by enabling real-time behavioral categorization. These capabilities enable organizations to:
- Understand the team's coding decisions in relation to the meaning of documents under review.
- At ingestion, automatically code documents based on exemplars, or based on automatically clustered content, to directly drive workflows that increase the efficiency of identifying potentially relevant documents while accelerating document review workflow.
- Dynamically recommend document coding in real-time, reflecting the solution's up-to-the-second understanding of review team coding behavior to drive more accurate and consistent coding.
- Automatically update the system's conceptual understanding of a particular matter as new documents are added and / or attorneys review and code additional documents.
eDiscovery for 100% of an Organization's Information ? Mobile, Social, Audio, Video, and Structured Data
Autonomy eDiscovery is an advanced solution built for the modern enterprise, in which mobile devices are ubiquitous and social media is a key component of the company's operations.
The ability to handle both unstructured and structured data is a key differentiator as more organizations seek to process all data types for eDiscovery, including information from structured data sources, such as human resource databases, transactional systems, and call center call log data. The ability to handle all forms of data is critical to meeting the eDiscovery demands imposed by regulatory agencies, the courts and opposing parties for greater and more diverse sets of information.
Autonomy's eDiscovery solution enables comprehensive eDiscovery, all tied to an organization's broader information governance initiative, and includes these capabilities:
- Understands and processes all forms of data including unstructured, human information such as email, mobile data, audio, video, and social media, as well as structured data.
- Powered by Autonomy IDOL 10, the new Autonomy eDiscovery solution leverages integration with HP's Database Archiving (DBA), an innovative technology that automatically collects structured data from applications and databases.
Connect eDiscovery and Information Governance with a Comprehensive Strategy
As organizations grapple with the new challenges of the human information age, one of the top priorities is to develop a comprehensive strategy that connects eDiscovery and Information Governance. Autonomy's comprehensive Information Governance solution enables an organization to form a contextual understanding of its entire set of information assets, and manage the data in place. As a result, when confronted with an investigation or litigation, organizations can use Autonomy eDiscovery to act fast and effectively.
Autonomy provides the industry's most comprehensive information governance solution, including the following products:
- Autonomy Connected Backup ? automatically backs up data in the background and ensures complete data protection without interrupting users.
- Autonomy Consolidated Archive ? archives data on premise, in the cloud, and via appliances, and provides the industry's only intelligent governance layer from which businesses can drive their compliance, eDiscovery, and records management initiatives directly from archived data.
- Autonomy HP Data Protector ? reduces backup and recovery complexity and cost by protecting virtual and physical applications?whether you have one server or thousands.
- Autonomy HP DBA ? an innovative technology that automatically collects structured data from applications and databases.
- Autonomy Legal Hold - automates the legal hold process, data and custodian identification, notification management, and preservation and collection
- Autonomy Policy Authority ? delivers a centralized policy authority for enforcing information governance policies across distributed content, including both structured and unstructured information.
- Autonomy Records Manager ? manages all forms of records: physical and electronic, including email, from a single policy management and administration dashboard.
- Autonomy Social Media Governance ? extends Autonomy's supervision, policy, and compliance solutions to monitor, govern, and protect organizations across social media channels.
- Autonomy Supervisor ? provides automated monitoring and surveillance of all electronic communications of an organization.
- Autonomy HP TRIM ? designed to meet the increasingly complex demands of corporations and the public sector, while automating and simplifying information governance.
"Autonomy pioneered the modern day eDiscovery market, and has a proven track record in helping organizations successfully manage some of the world's most complex and high-profile litigation over the past few years," said Mike Sullivan, CEO of Autonomy Protect, Enterprise Markets. "Our new eDiscovery release further strengthens this solution by bringing together the trusted technologies from Stratify, Introspect, and Investigator & ECA into one application, and for the first time, enabling businesses to bring 100% of their data into the eDiscovery process. Customers can take advantage of this solution through a variety of deployment models, and ensure that their eDiscovery processes are a key component of a holistic Information Governance strategy."
Please visit http://www.autonomy.com/AutonomyeDiscovery to learn more about the new Autonomy eDiscovery solution.
Autonomy, an HP Company, is a global leader in software that processes human information, or unstructured data, including social media, email, video, audio, text and web pages, etc. Autonomy's powerful management and analytic tools for structured information together with its ability to extract meaning in real time from all forms of information, regardless of format, is a powerful tool for companies seeking to get the most out of their data. Autonomy's product portfolio helps power companies through enterprise search analytics, business process management and OEM operations. Autonomy also offers information governance solutions in areas such as eDiscovery, content management and compliance, as well as marketing solutions that help companies grow revenue, such as web content management, online marketing optimization and rich media management.
Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Autonomy Editorial Contacts:
+44 207 104 5708
+44 207 104 5778
+1 650 687 8042
+44 203 3047 2304
+1 650 762 2817
SOURCE Autonomy Corporation, an HP Company