Press release from PR Newswire
Abbott Creates New Similac SimplySmart? Baby Bottle with Innovative Features
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Designed with input from moms, Similac SimplySmart is inspired by 85 years of feeding expertise from the Similac® brand
ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Abbott (NYSE: ABT) introduces Similac SimplySmart, an innovative BPA-free baby bottle designed to improve the bottle feeding experience for parents and babies through advanced features that provide comfort and convenience.
This unique bottle, designed by experts in infant nutrition, incorporates insights from moms on the features they want in a bottle. The result: a bottle developed from the inside out because moms know that the little things can make a big difference in a baby's comfort. Similac SimplySmart is designed to improve the overall bottle feeding experience with several innovative features.
- EasyMix?: This innovative mixing device is designed to reduce bubbles and clumps. Parents can shake or swirl the bottle for easy mixing. Similac SimplySmart is the only bottle available with an internal mixing device.
- Similac On-the-Go? Powder Cap: The unique storage cap keeps powder formula and bottle together and holds enough formula for up to one 8-ounce bottle to help busy moms on the go. It's the first combined powder storage and bottle cap available. Powder cap sold separately.
- Intellivent?: This exclusive venting system is designed to minimize baby's air intake for less fussiness and gas.
- SmartClose?: Unlike other bottles, the unique SmartClose prevents leaks and lets moms know it's properly closed. SmartClose reveals a blue shield when the top is secured.
- Nipple: The naturally shaped nipple is made to be more like mom and is designed for feeding between breast and bottle.
- Easy Reading, Filling and Cleaning: The bottle uses extra large numbers that are easy on the eyes and has a wide opening for easy filling and cleaning.
- BPA-Free: Similac SimplySmart? is BPA free.
- Size and Flow Options: Available in 4- and 8-ounce sizes with a variety of nipple flow rates depending on the age of baby.
Unique innovations, such as EasyMix? and SmartClose?, combined with simple features, such as a wide opening and extra large numbers, eliminate some of the challenges of feeding time so moms can focus on quality time with their babies.
Similac SimplySmart is for feeding breast milk or infant formula.
Commentary on Similac SimplySmart:
From Katherine Doyle, vice president of pediatric products, Abbott Nutrition:
"We've put every ounce of our feeding and nutrition expertise into improving the bottle feeding experience. We created Similac SimplySmart with feedback from approximately 2,500 moms about features lacking from current baby bottles. Many of the moms who tested the bottles liked them so much that they didn't want to give them back."
From real moms who tested the Similac SimplySmart bottle:
"The naturally shaped nipple made a big difference because I mainly breast fed." ? Annie Moine, mother of twins
"When I put the formula in, I could shake less times and have the formula completely mixed up." ? Brooke Randolph, first-time mom
"I never once had a clump." ? Julia Randall, mother of four
Where to Buy Similac SimplySmart:The Similac SimplySmart bottle is available for purchase nationwide online and in stores at Target, Walmart, and at www.AbbottStore.com.
About Similac®Abbott offers a complete line of Similac infant formulas to give babies a strong start in life by meeting their nutritional needs. The Similac brand of formulas includes Similac® Advance®, Similac® Advance® Organic, Similac Sensitive®, Similac Soy Isomil®, Similac Sensitive For Spit-Up®, Similac Expert Care® Alimentum®, Similac Expert Care® Neosure®, Similac Expert Care® for Diarrhea and Similac Go & Grow®.
About Abbott NutritionFor more than 85 years, Abbott Nutrition has been developing and marketing science-based nutritional products to support the growth, health and wellness of people of all ages. Internationally recognized brands include the Similac® brand of infant formulas; the Gain® brand of growing-up milks; the PediaSure® brand of complete and balanced nutrition for children; the Ensure® brand of complete and balanced nutrition for adults; and Glucerna® brand of nutrition shakes and bars for people with diabetes.
Abbott Nutrition also offers EAS® specialized products to meet the unique nutritional needs of athletes, as well as ZonePerfect® nutrition bars for busy, active lifestyles.
More information about Abbott Nutrition's products is available on the web at www.AbbottNutrition.com.
About AbbottAbbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's website at www.abbott.com.
- Find information about Similac SimplySmart? and its unique features at www.SimilacSimplySmart.com.
- View high-resolution images and a video demo of Similac SimplySmart at www.e-mediaroom.com/similac.
- Learn about Feeding Expert from Similac® where moms receive one-on-one nutrition help during pregnancy and for breastfeeding, formula-feeding and combination-feeding infants at www.feedingexpert.com.
- For new parents, track baby's eating, sleeping, and diaper changes with the free Similac StrongMoms® Baby Journal app. Find information or download the app at www.similac.com/app.
- Join Similac Strong Moms to receive exclusive news and special offers at www.similac.com/StrongMoms.
- Learn more about any of the Similac formulas, the #1 brand fed in hospitals, at www.similac.com/baby-formula
For further information: Hollie Andrews of Abbott, +1-614-624-7485