Press release from GlobeNewswire (a Nasdaq OMX company)
BroadVision Transforms the Way Companies Work With New Clearvale Features
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LONDON, March 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BroadVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:BVSN), a global leader in social business solutions, today announced at the Digital London Summit a new set of features for the Clearvale™ enterprise social networking platform, which are designed to help companies transform the way they work. By integrating social networking into existing business processes and workflows, rather than treating social collaboration as an extra effort or afterthought, social networks in the enterprise can provide a platform for improving the way real work gets done.
With this latest release, Clearvale is unifying social business processes across the enterprise. New Clearvale Social Analytics help organizations measure and reward contributions, identify subject matter experts, and assign goals. With a new Microsoft® SharePoint integration, BroadVision adds to Clearvale's structured collaboration capabilities where social networks are integrated with enterprise systems of record. Enhanced Task capabilities, which create semi-structured collaboration and accountability, provide alignment with business processes and goals.
The features available today include:
- Clearvale Social Analytics – two critical elements of successful enterprise social networking adoption are measurement and incentivizing participation. New Clearvale Social Analytics provide visibility and metrics organizations need to develop and nurture an active enterprise social network. BroadVision has developed a unique set of metrics designed to measure network usage and assess the value of contribution:
- Connectivity: Measures the people or communities with which each network member interacts
- Activity: Measures contribution of each network member
- Popularity: Measures the value of contribution of each network member
Dashboards at the member and network levels provide at-a-glance visibility into these key metrics. Network administrators can set targets for the various metrics, enabling the use of contests or incentives to boost participation.
- Task enhancements – a number of enhancements were made to the Task feature to better support business workflows and social processes, including the ability to designate different Task types. Task types help distinguish a review from an approval or a directive versus a consultation to let assignees better prioritize their work and to maintain a record of important approvals as an audit trail. Task creators can also now set task reminders and more.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint – integration with Microsoft SharePoint facilitates social collaboration around SharePoint content while maintaining SharePoint's status as a system of record for documents.
- Other updates – the release also includes an updated iPhone/iPad app with quick access to Tasks, new and enhanced APIs, and improved search.
"Too often, organizations think that adopting social networking within the enterprise is an additional burden, and as a result projects get delayed or sidetracked indefinitely. But quite the opposite is true," said Dr. Pehong Chen, Chairman, President, and CEO of BroadVision. "The key is to time-shift from chasing endless email trails or attending senseless status meetings to performing the same work in a collaborative network. To enable that time shift, the enterprise social networking platform chosen must support existing business tasks, processes, and systems. With this release, Clearvale does it all."
In a separate announcement today, BroadVision announced the availability of Guest and Conduit features in Clearvale for collaboration across multiple enterprises.
"With a globally dispersed workforce, QuickLogic needed a collaborative solution that could provide a place for us to do our work and be accessible across multiple continents and mobile devices. Clearvale not only meets these needs but exceeds our expectations. We have found the benefits to be abundant with a definite increase in communication and productivity."
—Paul Karazuba, Senior Marketing Manager of QuickLogic
"InTouch believes dynamic cooperation between offices, extending across countries and cultures, requires a real time and collaborative solution. We chose Clearvale for its exceptional ability to connect the enterprise and add social networking into our existing business processes and workflows. This means that we can easily adapt to the changing demands of the market to meet the needs of our customers anywhere, anytime."
—Rager Ossel, CEO of InTouch NV
"The response for our social business community is overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic. We used Clearvale to create our T Community as a way to connect separate communities for knowledge sharing and to encourage collaboration among the public, businesses, and government institutions. The standout feature is the Task workflow which enables us to keep track of citizen requests and who is responsible for completing the project. This decreases our response time so we can achieve more goals in a shorter period of time."
—Michiel Duijsings, Web Manager at Municipality of Tilburg
"Professional growth and development of resources are the foundation of our success and Clearvale is a powerful solution that is essential to how we get work done. Gruppo Reti chose Clearvale to create its Intranet 2.0 to share information, knowledge, and skills in a real collaborative environment."
—Bruno Paneghini, President and CEO of Gruppo Reti
"Clearvale is an integral part of TechTree IT Systems. Every new member of our company is sent an invitation to join the TechTree IT Clearvale network and instantly employees are able to connect to the network and do their work in a collaborative manner. With Clearvale our employees have greater awareness, and as a direct result, we have increased customer satisfaction by approximately 20 percent."
—Lt Col Sanjay Ahuja, COO of TechTree IT Systems Pvt Ltd.
"Clearvale has transformed our company and the way we work. From executives to frontline employees, we manage work tasks, share documents, ask questions or get answers–all in Clearvale. By integrating it into our everyday work, Clearvale brings out the hidden potential of our organization and we have seen tremendous impact and encouraging results."
—Wang Pu, Founder and President of Alliance PKU Management Consultants Ltd. (Allpku)
Related Links and Additional Information:
- Learn more about Clearvale
- Read the BroadVision blog
- Watch a video about Clearvale
- Follow BroadVision on Twitter @BroadVision
Driving innovation since 1993, BroadVision (Nasdaq:BVSN) is an innovative provider of e-business and social networking solutions for organizations seeking to grow profitably by improving online business processes through invited participation and social interaction. Our solutions -- including Clearvale, the world's first network of networks for the socially driven enterprise -- enable mission-critical e-business for next-generation organizations around the globe. The customers benefiting from BroadVision® solutions include Baker Hughes, Canon, Epson, Fiat, W.W. Grainger, Hilti AG, Iberia, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Company, SINA, SOFTBANK TELECOM Corp., Sony, U.S. Navy, Vodafone, and more. Visit www.BroadVision.com for more details.
The BroadVision logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5621
BroadVision and Clearvale and all their case-sensitive permutations are trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadVision, Inc. in the United States of America and other countries.
CONTACT: BroadVision Contact: Karen Cohen Public & Analyst Relations Manager BroadVision, Inc. 650.295.0716 x7174 email@example.com