Press release from PR Newswire
CommVault Hockey Team's 10th Season Goes Into Overtime to Assist Children's Charities Nationwide
Monday, March 26, 2012
Thanks to the New York Islanders and Muller Insurance, CommVault's 'Hockey Helping Kids' Program Takes to the Ice to Raise Awareness and Much-Needed Support
OCEANPORT, N.J., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) ?
Now celebrating its 10th season, CommVault's ice hockey team has extended its schedule of special exhibition games and fundraisers to help raise awareness and crucial support for a number of children's organizations and charities nationwide. Since 2001, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has assembled CommVault employees, partners and customers for a series of exciting and gratifying hockey games, dinners and auctions held in conjunction with National Hockey League (NHL) contests.
- CommVault will cap the 10th anniversary season of its highly successful Hockey Helping Kids program on Thursday, March 29, 2012 with a game against the Muller Insurance Hoboken Rockets hockey team.
- The game will take place at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y., immediately following the regularly scheduled NHL contest between the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins. Proceeds from the game will benefit the Long Island Chapter of Autism Speaks.
- The Hockey Helping Kids program has raised approximately $30,000 so far this season for a range of charities and organizations, including the Autism Society of Minnesota, Temple University's Men's Hockey and Women's Gymnastics programs, Philadelphia PowerPlay and the Autism Society of Colorado.
- Earlier this season, the CommVault team played a three-game series against the Western Women's Hockey League (WWHL) champion Minnesota Whitecaps. Additional charity games were played against the U.S. Air Force and the Canadian Women's hockey team and staff.
- Anyone interested in attending, sponsoring or donating to CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids efforts should contact CommVault by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet This: @CommVault and @NYIslanders team up for #Hockey Helping Kids program on March 29
CommVault's Efforts on the Ice Bring Attention and Support to Children's Charities
- To date, this innovative community relations program has raised nearly $375,000 in funds to aid thousands of children across a broad spectrum of areas.
- Nearly 100 CommVault employees from all parts of the company?finance, engineering, sales, marketing, customer service, legal, technical support and product development?collaborate each season to make the Hockey Helping Kids program a reality while maximizing support for the target charities.
- CommVault also teams with strategic industry partners, including Microsoft and Dell, to host VIP receptions and dinners after each game and preceding the NHL games at the respective arenas.
- Previous program beneficiaries have included Cammi Granato's Golden Dreams for Children Foundation, the Chicago Tomahawks, the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, the FDNY 9/11 Disaster Relief Fund, Ronald McDonald House, Madison Square Garden's Garden of Dreams Foundation, Morgan Autism Center, Savannah's Organic Ranch and the Social Communications Center for Autism Assistance, Autism Society of Colorado, Temple University athletic programs, Autism Society of Minnesota and the Philadelphia PowerPlay.
- Randy De Meno, chief technologist, Windows Products and Microsoft Partnership, CommVault "This is the first time in the history of CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program that we have expanded our season to four games, thanks to the creativity and generosity of the New York Islanders organization. We are thrilled to be working with the Islanders and Muller Insurance to extend the program in an effort to raise additional funds for a great cause like Autism Speaks."
- Ann Rina, community relations manager, New York Islanders Hockey Club "The New York Islanders are proud to be able to lend a hand to CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program. We share CommVault's commitment to giving back to the community and are looking forward to a fun night of hockey while helping others. The New York Islanders organization applauds CommVault's efforts in the name of ice hockey and appreciates their support of our hometown chapter of Autism Speaks."
- Roger J. Muller Jr., manager, Muller Insurance/Hoboken Rockets "Muller Insurance is thrilled to share the ice with CommVault in supporting Autism Speaks. Just as CommVault is known for protecting data, we are focused on safeguarding our customers, so extending this commitment to those who need help is a natural extension. We look forward to an exciting and rewarding evening on the ice to benefit an extremely worthwhile cause."
- CommVault Hockey Helping Kids Program
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Join CommVault on LinkedIn
About CommVault A singular vision ? a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs ? guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
For further information: Media: Kevin Komiega, +1-732-728-5370, email@example.com, or Investor Relations: Michael Picariello, +1-732-728-5380, firstname.lastname@example.org, both of CommVault