Press release from Business Wire
Mobil Super Baseball Tour Goes the Distance for ExxonMobil
Thursday, May 10, 2012
FAIRFAX, Va. (Business Wire) -- ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation, is offering baseball fans exciting ways to learn about Mobil Super™ premium-quality motor oil products while enjoying America's favorite pastime.
The 2012 Mobil Super Minor League Baseball Tour is traveling the country this spring and summer, hitting 79 games in 20 states over more than five months. Anchored by a 40-foot Mobil Super-branded tour bus, the tour includes interactive activities and free Mobil Super products and oil giveaways before, during and after each game.
“The 2011 Mobil Super Minor League Baseball Tour was successful in introducing our family of premium motor oils to fans and drivers in a fun environment,” said Sarah Horne, Americas Automotive marketing manager, ExxonMobil Lubricants and Specialties Company. “Many Mobil Super customers are avid baseball fans, so this tour enhances the fan experience at each game with entertaining consumer activities that tie back to motor oil.”
Mobil Super brand ambassadors greet fans outside each park before and after each game, distributing product information, rebate coupons and Mobil Super-branded baseball souvenirs. Fans also have the opportunity to win free product or oil changes through a prize wheel and on-field activities.
"When Minor League Baseball fans attend a game, they actively engage in the many activities offered at the event,” said Rod Meadows, Minor League Baseball's vice president of sales and marketing. “Through interaction with the Mobil Super-branded tour bus and its ambassadors, MiLB fans can learn about the benefits of the ExxonMobil brand and determine which products best fit their needs. Once inside the gates, the fun continues through in-game promotions, giveaways and prizes.”
During the game, Mobil Super branding will be seen throughout the stadiums, with on-field promotions and prizes to enhance the fan experience, including:
- Honorary first pitches thrown by a local Mobil Super distributor, retailer or installer
- On-field contests with winners receiving free product or an oil change
- Sponsorship of between-innings activities, such as a soft baseball toss, lucky seat giveaways, mascot races and the 7th inning Stretch.
The 2012 Tour will cover 8,000 miles in 147 days through July 27, 2012. Ultimately, the cross-country season trip is expected to reach more than 500,000 fans. Find the full schedule at mobilsuper.us under “special events.”
Mobil Super is a comprehensive line of premium-quality motor oils expertly formulated to help extend engine life. Backed by the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee*, the Mobil Super family includes three products, allowing consumers to choose the right one for their particular needs:
- Mobil Super: A premium conventional motor oil that helps extends engine life. Mobil Super is guaranteed to deliver proven protection for up to 5,000 miles between oil changes and features extra cleaning additives. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super High Mileage: Specifically designed to help extend engine life in higher-mileage vehicles, this motor oil combines sludge and wear protection with anti-oxidants that help to reduce oil breakdown. Mobil Super High Mileage is also formulated with a seal conditioner to help prevent leaks and reduce oil consumption. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super Synthetic: A full synthetic motor oil that is proven to help extend engine life by delivering outstanding protection in high temperatures, along with the sludge and wear protection properties. It is available in 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 viscosities.
About ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties
ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation, is a leading marketer of finished lubricants, asphalts and specialty products, as well as one of the world's largest suppliers of lubricant base stocks.
All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) or one of its subsidiaries.
About Minor League Baseball
Minor League Baseball, headquartered in St. Petersburg, Fla., is the governing body for all professional baseball teams in the United States, Canada, Venezuela, and the Dominican Republic that are affiliated with Major League Baseball clubs through their farm systems. The Mexican League and Mexican Academy are also members of the organization, but are not affiliated with any MLB clubs. Total membership includes 20 leagues and 247 clubs.
Fans are coming out in unprecedented numbers to this one-of-a-kind experience that can only be found at our ballparks. In 2011, the 174 clubs that charge admission attracted more than 41.2 million fans to their ballparks to see the future stars of the sport hone their skills. From the electricity in the stands to the excitement on the field, Minor League Baseball has provided affordable family-friendly entertainment to people of all ages since its founding in 1901.
* Some restrictions apply. See the guarantee for terms and conditions or call 1-800-ASK-MOBIL (275-6624).
Claire Hassett, 703-846-4467