Press release from GlobeNewswire (a Nasdaq OMX company)
Zombie Heads Will Roll in Zombie Swipeout, Newest Mobile Social Game From Zynga for iPhone & iPod Touch
Thursday, May 31, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, May 31, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga (Nasdaq:ZNGA) the world's leading provider of social game services, today announced the global launch of Zombie Swipeout, an action-packed, mobile social game for iPhone and iPod touch where players compete with friends in weekly tournaments to slash, smush, bludgeon, freeze and explode as many zombies as possible. Created by the talented team behind the much-loved ZombieSmash! game, Zombie Swipeout returns to its familiar "survival comedy" setting and spirit, inviting players to unload an arsenal of sharp and blunt weapons and power-ups on waves of airborne zombies.
"ZombieSmash! empowers players to destroy zombies in almost every way possible," said Matthias Hoechsmann, director at Zynga Mobile Germany. "The only thing we left out was the ability to slice one in half. We sat down to create a completely new game around this slash mechanic alone, and sought to move the category of slash games forward. Zombie Swipeout is centered on one, massively social way to play and delivers advanced gameplay features that we think fans old and new to our zombie universe will love. They just have to help Joey make it out alive."
The object of Zombie Swipeout is simple: slash as many zombies as possible without harming Joey, the lone, human survivor from ZombieSmash! As zombies fly across the screen, players use their fingers to slice and splatter them into little bits, with satisfying visuals driven by the aptly named SplatterEngine™. The game includes an advanced leveling system where players unlock power-ups and a full armory of weapons from machetes and knight swords to baseball bats -- all with different advantages. The scoring system is deeply woven into gameplay with slashable coins serving as the primary way to advance.
Players gain points by slicing zombies and racking up combinations for point multipliers and high scores. The round ends if players accidentally slice Joey, where players then have the choice to recover him using a med pack or send him to an adorable, yet gruesome, zombie death.
Zombie Swipeout brings slash players a new world of gameplay possibilities with features, including:
- Best Your Friends While Battling The Undead: Challenge your friends to achieve the highest scores in weekly tournaments – an all-new feature to the slash category. The subtle, yet sophisticated scoring system features rotating in-game leaderboards that allow for advanced gameplay while also connecting players and friends through spirited competition. Players can also send friends coins and share photos of their best zombie slices.
- A World of Weapons at Your Fingertips: Players unlock a variety of weapons –machetes, baseball bats and knight swords – to slash and bludgeon as many zombies as possible. Each weapon includes different abilities, proving there is more than one way to skin a zombie. Thanks to the advanced graphics powered by the SplatterEngine, each weapon renders beautifully on screen and comes with its own zombie-crunching sound effect.
- Live Long and Prosper: Players gain points in a number of ways, from slicing off heads with well-aimed slashes and critical strikes to rack up more points; slicing zombies in combination unlock score multipliers.
- Powerful Power-ups: Returning from ZombieSmash! are power-ups to help players battle the hordes. As players level up, they receive grenades, liquid nitrogen and rope bombs, helping them score more points and destroy even more zombies.
- Dismemberment Never Looked So Good: Zombie Swipeout combines state-of-the-art ragdoll physics with a smooth, slash mechanic, creating one of the highest-quality and graphically rich games in the category. The game builds on ZombieSmash! technology to deliver cartoon blood and gore that is both adorable and cathartic.
Zombie Swipeout is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/zynga.
Game logo and images can be found here
To view the Zombie Swipeout trailer, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-m1JOwfw4
For other information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter.com/zynga.
About Zynga (www.zynga.com):
Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq:ZNGA) is the world's leading provider of social game services with more than 290 million monthly active users playing its games, which include CityVille, Zynga Poker, Draw Something, Hidden Chronicles, FarmVille, CastleVille, Words With Friends, Empires & Allies, Scramble With Friends, Café World, The Pioneer Trail, Indiana Jones™ Adventure World and Mafia Wars. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes.
The Zynga Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11743
CONTACT: Bryan Pope email@example.com