Press release from PR Newswire
New EMC Storage Resource Management Suite Improves Application-to-Storage Service Level Management for Cloud Environments
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VMworld --
- New EMC Storage Resource Management (SRM) Suite delivers one of the industry's most comprehensive application-to-storage management, for common insight into service level management, priorities and tasks as customers build their cloud infrastructure.
- The SRM Suite combines EMC ProSphere, EMC Storage Configuration Advisor, and recently acquired EMC Watch4net into a single, easily consumable monitoring and reporting package that offers performance, capacity and configuration management at scale for EMC and select third party storage arrays for both file and block.
Follow EMC at VMworld:
- EMC Community Network: To view everything EMC at VMworld, visit https://community.emc.com/go/vmworld
- Twitter: For continuous news and event updates for EMC at VMworld, follow EMC on Twitter at @CloudEMC and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMC and #VMworld
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: View photos of EMC at VMworld on Flickr and tag your VMworld photos with "EMC and VMworld"
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the EMC® Storage Resource Management (SRM) Suite, delivering storage and application administrators application-to-storage management for cloud environments. For instance, now storage administrators can easily view what their Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server counterparts are concerned about ? enabling common insight and alignment of priorities to improve the efficiency and simplify management of the overall IT environment. The EMC SRM Suite optimizes resource investments, enabling customers to move to more agile, cloud-enabled environments.
The EMC SRM Suite is a comprehensive storage management suite comprised of EMC ProSphere®, EMC Storage Configuration Advisor and EMC Watch4net, the most recent addition to EMC's portfolio, providing greatly improved reporting flexibility. The SRM Suite will provide performance, capacity and configuration management for EMC arrays ? including EMC VMAX®, EMC VNX®, EMC VPLEX®, EMC Isilon®, and EMC DataDomain® ? as well as select third party storage arrays for both file and block.
Virtualization enables businesses of all sizes to simplify management, control costs and guarantee uptime. However, virtualized environments also add layers of complexity to the IT infrastructure that reduce visibility and can complicate the management of storage resources. The SRM Suite attacks these layers ? simply ? by providing visibility into the physical and virtual relationships, which are essential to ensure consistent service levels. As customers build out their cloud infrastructure, the EMC SRM Suite will help organizations ensure service levels while optimizing IT resources ? both key attributes of successful cloud deployments.
Key features of the EMC SRM Suite include:
- Dynamic real-time reporting: increased visibility of all resources and performance dependencies from the application to the host, down to the storage array.
- Metric correlation: analyze application performance through trending and threshold notifications and correlate these with storage metrics.
- Service-level compliance: manage and respond to service-level deviations through custom thresholds and dashboards across heterogeneous storage.
- FAST VP (Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Pools) optimization: analyze the usage of FAST to meet customer-defined performance and chargeback policies by application.
- Storage service alignment: analyze storage workload trends to align storage tiers to application service levels.
- Configuration compliance: automatically validate configurations, leveraging the EMC Support Matrix and customer-defined design best practices.
Industry Analyst Quote:
Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"The EMC SRM Suite is helping customers continue to transform themselves into cloud-enabled businesses simply and cost-effectively. Companies need to ensure that the appropriate service levels are being delivered to a wide range of applications, even with rapidly growing, changing and complex IT environments. With the SRM Suite, EMC is helping businesses understand the big picture of how storage impacts their applications?a critical ability for any company with highly virtualized/cloud environments."
Johan Marais, Storage & Virtualization Administrator, Discovery Holding, LTD.
"The combination of these three products will allow us to have a full 360 degree view of our storage infrastructure. ProSphere has given us great insight into our current storage environment capacity and performance wise. Adding Storage Configuration Advisor will allow us to have a better hold on storage changes and assist us in applying recommended standards. Completing the solution with Watch4net will give us sight into application health and performance all the way to the storage layer allowing us to adhere to stricter SLA's."
Sarel Theron, Senior SAN Engineer, Cloud Data Management, Internet Solutions
"With the rapid data growth we are experiencing, we must understand our existing as well as future workloads to make sure we are applying the right technology to meet service levels. To do so, we have to understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of systems connecting to storage in real-time. We need one of those 'vital signs' monitors you get in a hospital connected to our SAN. EMC's new SRM Suite appears to be just that."
EMC Executive Quote:
Amitabh Srivastava, President, Advanced Storage Division, EMC
"By analyzing performance, capacity and configuration compliance in a simple and easy-to-manage suite, EMC is offering customers a better way to maximize their storage investments. As organizations adopt cloud enabling technologies like VMware and FAST VP to create a more agile infrastructure, this new suite provides the visibility and control that ensure application service levels while optimizing storage resources to control costs. It also gives customers the flexibility to manage EMC or third party arrays with file or block storage."
The EMC SRM Suite is available today worldwide through EMC and EMC channel partners with support for EMC VMAX, EMC VNX and select third party arrays. EMC VPLEX, EMC Isilon and EMC DataDomain will be supported in an upcoming release.
- Managed View Blog Post Blog Post
- EMC SRM solution overview
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset ? information ? in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC Data Domain, Isilon, ProSphere, VMAX, VNX and VPLEX are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
For further information: Katryn McGaughey, +1-508-293-7717, firstname.lastname@example.org