Press release from GlobeNewswire (a Nasdaq OMX company)
Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader Quickly and Reliably Transfers Files From All Popular Memory Card Formats
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
- Leverages SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology to provide fast transfer with a USB interface read speed of up to 500MB/s, which reads up to five times faster than USB 2.0
- Designed with five slots to support a wide selection of popular card formats for an all-in-one solution for photo, video, music, and other file transfer
- Reads multiple cards simultaneously to allow easy file transfer to computer or from one card to another for enhanced versatility
- Features sleek, glossy finish with an innovative pop-up mechanism that protects card slots when not in use
- Lexar Image Gallery
- Supporting Product Information
FREMONT, Calif., Sept. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the new Lexar® Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader, a versatile, all-in-one solution for quick and reliable file transfers from 25 of the most popular memory card formats. The reader provides five slots compatible with popular card formats such as CompactFlash, Secure Digital, including newly added support for Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) cards, Mobile, Memory Stick and xD-Picture cards. The reader is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports, can read multiple cards simultaneously, and provides card-to-card file transfer. For additional information about the Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader, visit www.lexar.com.
"The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader is an excellent choice for anyone with various memory card formats looking to quickly and easily transfer multiple files," said Manisha Sharma, director of product marketing for cards, Lexar. "Over the years, consumers have upgraded their cameras and photography equipment, leaving them with a variety of card formats. Because this reader is compatible with multiple variations of cards, consumers can now shoot a whole vacation or sporting event using all of their devices knowing they'll be able to quickly transfer and manage their photos and videos when they get home."
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader leverages SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology to offer high-speed file transfers with a USB interface read speed of up to 500MB/s, and is up to five times faster than USB 2.0.* The reader also features a convenient pop-up design mechanism to protect the card slots when the reader is not in use and comes with a USB 3.0 cable cord. A blue LED activity light lets users know when data is being transferred.
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader supports the following memory cards formats:
- CompactFlash slot: Reads CompactFlash® Type I and Type II
- Secure Digital slot: SD™, SDHC™, SDXC™, miniSD™, miniSDHC™, MMC™, MMCplus™, and RS-MMC™
- Mobile slot: microSD™, microSDHC™, and Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™)
- Memory Stick slot: Memory Stick™, Memory Stick (with MagicGate™), Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo (with MagicGate), Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo "HX"
- xD-Picture Card slot: xD-Picture Card™, xD-Picture Card Type-M, xD-Picture Card Type-M+, and xD-Picture Card Type-H
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader comes with a one-year limited warranty, is compatible with both PC and Mac® systems, and is available for purchase with an MSRP of $39.99 from Lexar.com and leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide. For additional information about Lexar products, visit www.lexar.com.
Follow us online!
Lexar is a global brand of Micron Consumer Products Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Micron Technology, Inc., one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world. Lexar® products include industry-leading memory cards for photography and video, card readers, high-performance USB flash drives, and memory cards for mobile devices. Lexar products are available worldwide at major retail and e-tail stores, and at www.lexar.com. For more information or support, visit www.lexar.com.
The Lexar/Crucial logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6945
Lexar. When Memory Matters.™
Micron Technology, Inc. is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets a full range of DRAM, NAND and NOR flash memory, as well as other innovative memory technologies, packaging solutions and semiconductor systems for use in leading-edge computing, consumer, networking, embedded and mobile products. Micron's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit www.micron.com.
*Results may vary based on system configuration and card speed.
©2012 Micron Consumer Products Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Information is subject to change without notice. Lexar, the Lexar logo, Image Rescue, and When Memory Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micron Consumer Products Group, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Andrew Rodger Matter Communications (978) 499-9250 x233 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lexar.com