Press release from Business Wire
Accenture Positioned as Leader in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for IT Services for Communications Service Providers Worldwide
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- Accenture (NYSE: ACN) announced that independent analyst firm Gartner, Inc. has recognized Accenture as a 2012 leader in providing IT services for communications service providers (CSPs) worldwide, encompassing telecom operations management systems including business support systems, operations support systems, and service delivery platforms.
The Accenture positioning was included in Gartner's Sept. 27, 2012 report entitled “Magic Quadrant for IT Services for Communications Service Providers,” by Jouni Forsman, Kamlesh Bhatia, and Norbert J. Scholz. To help clients find the right vendor for their service needs, Gartner analyzed 14 leading vendors of professional IT services for telecom operations management systems.
“CSPs must develop and deliver new revenue drivers, so they need to consider building new types of support systems to deliver the innovative, data-intensive services that their customers are demanding -- including mobility, machine-to-machine, cloud networking, apps, and Internet and over-the-top TV,” said Monte Hong, managing director of Accenture's Communications industry group. “We are working with CSPs to design and build these next-generation support systems.”
Key consulting technologies that Accenture provides include:
- Converged billing systems, which help enable CSPs to integrate all service charges onto a single customer invoice with a unified view of the customer;
- Workforce management solutions that help organizations to increase productivity, market share, and shareholder value by aligning the right people, with the right skills in the right roles;
- Service delivery platforms, which deliver a common way to create, provision, and execute multiple service types across different types of networks, and data center operations processing and hosting;
- Provisioning and activation solutions, which provide communications companies with robust service fulfillment capabilities, including order entry, service and network design and provisioning, third-party provisioning, service test and activation and customer-facing order management; and
- Inventory management solutions, which help companies track and manage their telecom assets through a central repository of all fixed and wireless, and voice and data networking assets across the service providers.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with 257,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Barbara Burgess, +973-452-0694 (mobile)