The Globe and Mail

Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

Globe Investor

News Sources

Take control of your investments with the latest investing news and analysis

Press release from Business Wire

Banana Republic Announces “12 Days of Joy” Featuring Special Surprises for Holiday Shoppers

<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Program features free gifts, special discounts and the chance to win a new </i>FIAT <b>®</b>500 </p>

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Banana Republic Announces “12 Days of Joy” Featuring Special Surprises for Holiday Shoppers12:00 EST Thursday, November 29, 2012 SAN FRANCISCO (Business Wire) -- Banana Republic is proud to announce a special holiday program featuring12 days of special gifts and discounts for U.S. shoppers. From December 1 – December 12, the “12 Days of Joy” program will feature giveaways such as cosmetics and movie tickets and discounts on items such as plane tickets. Bringing the 12 days to a close, the program will culminate with a chance for six lucky shoppers to win a FIAT ®500. “This Christmas season, we wanted to celebrate our customers by delighting them with joyful surprises as they shop for themselves and their loved ones,” said Catherine Sadler, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Banana Republic. “We are thrilled to be partnering with brands we know our customers love and introduce them to ones we love ourselves.” The Banana Republic “12 Days of Joy” program* is sure to have something for everyone: December 1 – 40 percent off up to two full-price Banana Republic items1December 2 – 40 percent off full-priced sweaters1December 3 – Complimentary makeup surprises from Benefit Cosmetics2December 4 – Free movie vouchers for “Les Miserables” – In theaters December 253December 5 – Complimentary gourmet popcorn samples from Garrett Popcorn Shops® 2December 6 – Free rich chocolate samples from GHIRARDELLI®2December 7 – 40 percent off full-price men's dress shirts and women's dresses1December 8 – 40 percent off up to two full-price Banana Republic items1December 9 – Voucher for 20 percent off a Virgin America flight4December 10 – Complimentary jam samples from Stonewall Kitchen2December 11 – 40 percent off full-priced outerwear and cold-weather accessories1December 12 – A chance to win one of six FIAT®500 vehicles5 and 40 percent off full-priced purchases1 “The FIAT Brand is partnering with Banana Republic to kick-off the holiday season by giving away six FIAT 500 vehicles,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of the FIAT brand North America. “Working together with Banana Republic allows us to reach consumers who, like the FIAT brand, value self-expression and aren't afraid to showcase their affinity for style." ABOUT BANANA REPUBLIC Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering modern, covetable workplace style for professional men and women. The brand offers elevated clothing, handbags, jewelry, and eyewear designs at accessible prices. Dedicated to helping customers achieve professionally and personally, Banana Republic offers versatile work wear that can be styled for any occasion – from desk to dinner. A division of San Francisco-based Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS), Banana Republic can be found in over 650 company-operated and franchise retail locations: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Italy, France, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Customers can also shop online or at (888) BR-STYLE. For more information, please visit gapinc.com. * Each offer only available on the designated date in U.S. stores only (not including Puerto Rico). 1 Offer valid for a limited time only at Banana Republic stores. Not valid at Banana Republic Factory Stores. Discount applies to merchandise only, not to GiftCards and not to Monogram, Heritage, Men's Suiting (Blazers & Pants), Women's Blazers, Men's Performance Collection, 100% Cashmere, Adidas, Clarks, Spanx, Taylor Stitch and SFMade. Offer limited to one time use. No adjustments on previous purchases. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts including Gap Inc. employee discount. 2 One per customer. While supplies last. 3 Voucher is valid for up to $10.00 towards the purchase of a movie ticket to Les Miserables at participating theaters on or before 1/31/2013. One per customer. While supplies last. Additional restrictions may apply. See store associate for details. 4 Terms and Conditions of Virgin America flight discount: This offer ends at 11:59pm CST on December 31, 2012. This offer is valid only for nonstop or connecting travel; offer is not valid for any multi-city itineraries. One time use promo code is valid for non-refundable Main Cabin tickets only. Travel must occur between December 12, 2012 and February 28, 2013. Blackout dates are December 14, 2012 through January 6, 2013, January 18, January 21, February 15, and February 18, 2013. Tickets require advance purchase of 3 days before travel. Promo code may be used only towards newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings. Promo code discount will be deducted off of base fare. Base fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.80 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. For service to/from Mexico, base fares do not include the U.S. Immigration User Fee of $7, the U.S. APHIS fee of $5, the U.S. Customs processing fee of $5.50, a U.S. International Arrival/Departure Tax of $16.70 each way and additional taxes/fees of up to $70, including: Mexico International Departure Tax and Mexico Tourism Tax. Promo code may not be redeemed for cash. Promo code may only be used for bookings made on virginamerica.com and is only valid on itineraries of 2 or less. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. If travel is changed or cancelled, promo code discount will become invalid. Changes or cancellations can be made for a $100 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. Tickets purchased through Virgin America's reservation call center will cost an additional $20 per itinerary guest; this amount is non refundable if travel is changed or cancelled. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin America will accept one (1) piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds for $25 for each ticketed guest traveling within the U.S. and for free of charge for each ticketed guest traveling to/from Mexico. The fee per guest for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the second (2) to the tenth (10) is $25. Additional fees apply to baggage exceeding these weight limitations, and other baggage restrictions may apply. For questions or assistance contact Virgin America at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (877.359.8474). 5 No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Legal residents of the 50 united states (D.C.) and Canada 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. Store employees not eligible. Game ends 12/12/12 during store hours or while supplies last. If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win. 6 Grand Prizes (approximate retail value $18,500 USD) available to be won. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, see a Banana Republic store associate. Sponsor: Banana Republic, LLC, 2 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, U.S.A. See store associate for full official rules. All holiday gifts are all one per customer, while supplies last in Banana Republic Banana Republic Press ContactsGap Inc.Liz Nunan, 415-427-5537press@gap.comorBanana RepublicTara McCollum, 212-886-7421tara_mccollum@gap.com