Press release from Business Wire
Guidance Software Announces its Second Annual Federal Summit on Managing and Mitigating Risk
Thursday, March 07, 2013
PASADENA, Calif. (Business Wire) -- Guidance Software Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID), the World Leader in Digital Investigations™, announced its second annual Federal Summit: “A Focus on Data Visibility,” to be held on Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia.
President Obama's recent executive order on cybersecurity reinforces incident response and data security as top priorities for federal agencies today. At this invitation-only thought leadership forum, federal managers and executives will learn how government and industry leaders are handling incident response and achieving endpoint data visibility across the organization. The summit features presentations, panel discussions and technology demonstrations that provide a wide range of perspectives and best practices on forensics, e-discovery and cybersecurity in the U.S. government.
“A new year means a host of new and emerging cyber threats for government organizations,” said Victor Limongelli, president and chief executive officer of Guidance Software. “Last year's Federal Summit was a tremendous success, and we're enthusiastic about once again bringing together leaders from across the public sector to discuss the top concerns for 2013, as well as steps agencies can take to better manage the risk associated with the continued threats against data they manage.”
Limongelli will deliver a welcome address. Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Faith Bell, Director, Business Relationship and Service Delivery (ES/IT), U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- Jeremy Christianson, Computer Forensics Manager, Office of Information, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- David Horrigan, Analyst, E-Discovery and Information Governance, The 451 Group
- George Jakabcin, CIO, Department of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA)
- Tony Jimenez, chief executive officer of MicroTech
- Curtis K S Levinson CDP, CISSP-CAP, MBCP, CCSK – CSO/CISO and Director of Information Assurance (IA), Advisor to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Joseph Mahaley, Assistant Administrator for Protective Services, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Matthew McCormack, CISSP, CSSLP – Partner, Aerstone, LLC; Former CISO, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Kathy Stewart, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Chris Streeter, E-Discovery Program Manager (IT), U.S. Internal Revenue Service
- Tom Temin, Federal News Radio Host/WTOP
- Larry Zelvin, Director of the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)
Sessions will include “Building an Infrastructure for Incident Response and Data Discovery,” “E-discovery Done Right,” “Best Practices to Manage and Secure Sensitive/Classified Data in Cloud and BYOD,” and “Managing Risk – The Intersection Between Cybersecurity, Legal, and IT.”
Registration is free for federal government attendees. A full agenda is available on the event website: http://www.cvent.com/d/2cq42r/1Q?Refid=GSIhomepage
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform is used by numerous government agencies, more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cyber security solutions, EnCase® eDiscovery and EnCase® Cybersecurity, which enable organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, proactively perform data discovery for compliance purposes, and conduct speedy and thorough security incident response. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, CaseCentral®, CaseCentral eDiscovery Cloud®, Guidance Software™, and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.
Guidance Software Inc.
Brigitte Engel, 626-768-4631