Press release from PR Newswire
Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications Team Up In Arizona
Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications Team Up In Arizona12:00 EDT Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Collaboration delivers superior video entertainment, blazingly fast Internet and 4G LTE mobile access at home and on the go
CHANDLER, Ariz., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications are teaming up to give consumers greater value and a new option for outstanding video, phone, Internet and wireless services in metro Phoenix and Southern Arizona, as well as Las Vegas.
Qualified customers in Arizona can now purchase Cox Communications video, Internet and home phone services and Verizon Wireless smartphones, tablets and Verizon Wireless services from either company.
New and current Cox Communications and Verizon Wireless customers who sign up for services from both companies may be eligible to receive a Visa® prepaid debit card valued up to $100, depending on the services chosen. Customers can select their service preferences from a range of offers that include video, Internet, home phone and 4G LTE wireless services.
"It is an exciting time as we continue to bring together the strong brand recognition that we have in our markets for video, Internet and home phone services along with the national brand identity that Verizon Wireless has for its 4G LTE wireless services," said Jerry Gallegos, vice president of Sales, Cox Communications. "Expanding this arrangement throughout Arizona marks the next step in the process to bolster the value of our services and addresses the needs and convenience of our customers."
"We believe the strength of our network enables people to live better and stronger lives. The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is the perfect complement to round out the package for Arizona customers," said Andres Irlando, president, Southwest Region for Verizon Wireless.
In 2012, Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications began selling each other's services. Existing markets that launched include certain cities in California, Kansas, Nebraska, Northwest Arkansas and the Oklahoma City and Tulsa vicinities.
Interested customers can visit any one of the following Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or Cox Solutions Stores:
- Verizon Wireless Communications Stores Metro Phoenix:
- Avondale: 10120 W. McDowell Road
- Casa Grande: 847 N. Promenade Parkway
- Chandler: 3401 W. Frye Road
- Chandler: 4200 S. Arizona Avenue
- Chandler: 670 N. 54th Street
- Chandler: 2990 E. Germann Road
- Glendale: 9184 W. Northern Avenue
- Glendale: 7608 W. Bell Road
- Peoria: 24920 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway
- Phoenix: 2415 E. Baseline Road
- Phoenix: 16842 N. 7th Street
- Phoenix: 4811 N. 16th Street
- Phoenix: 21001 N. Tatum Boulevard
- Phoenix: 2501 W. Happy Valley Road
- Phoenix: 10810 N. Tatum Boulevard
- Phoenix: 10217 N. Metro Parkway West
- Scottsdale: 16447 N. Scottsdale Road
- Scottsdale: 7014 E. Camelback Road
- Surprise: 13869 W. Bell Road
- Tempe: 2040 E. Rio Salado Parkway
- Cox Solutions Stores Metro Phoenix:
- Chandler: 2510 W Chandler Boulevard, Suite 5
- Gilbert: 2150 E Williams Field Road, Suite 105
- Glendale: 6070 W. Bell Road, Suite A111
- Mesa: 6005 E. Southern Avenue
- Phoenix: 301 E. Bell Road
- Phoenix: 1945 E. Camelback Road, Suite #D2
- Scottsdale: 7241 E. Williams Drive
- Surprise: 13754 W. Bell Road, Suite 8
- Tempe: 2040 E. Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 128
- Tolleson: 9897 W. McDowell Road, Suite 700
- Verizon Wireless Communications Stores Southern Arizona:
- Tucson: 7350 N. La Cholla Boulevard
- Tucson: 5855 E. Broadway Boulevard
- Tucson: 1927 E. Speedway Boulevard
- Tucson: 4405 N. Oracle Road
- Tucson: 1205 W. Irvington Road
- Sierra Vista: 400 N. Highway 90
- Cox Solutions Stores Southern Arizona:
- Tucson: 5441 E. Broadway Boulevard
- Sierra Vista: 150 E. Wilcox Drive
In addition to visiting a store for these services, customers can call 1-877-873-9056 or go to www.verizonwireless.com/cox or www.cox.com/wireless.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 98.2 million retail customers, including 92.5 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and wireless services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves 6.2 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for five years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and the company holds a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
For further information: Jenny Weaver, Verizon Wireless, 480-763-6321, Jenny.weaver@VerizonWireless.com; or Andrea Katsenes, Cox Communications, 623-328-3272, Andrea.Katsenes@Cox.com