Press release from Business Wire
CA Technologies 2013 VIP Customer Awards Honor Success and Innovation
Monday, April 22, 2013
CA Technologies 2013 VIP Customer Awards Honor Success and Innovation16:00 EDT Monday, April 22, 2013
LAS VEGAS (Business Wire) -- CA WORLD – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) announced its 2013 VIP Customer Awards at its CA World user conference, recognizing customers that have achieved outstanding success by using the company's solutions in innovative ways.
The awards recognize outstanding customer achievements in the following categories:
The Vision Award–recognizes success in developing and moving toward management excellence and demonstrating a clear vision about how this effort supports overall success of the enterprise.
The Impact Award–recognizes results from improved management, especially in terms of productivity, financial benefits, quality improvements or customer satisfaction.
The Progress Award–recognizes implementation success or process improvements. Initiatives in this category, even if not complete, demonstrate excellent planning or communications and project success.
“Our customers are using CA Technologies solutions to become more efficient while accelerating innovation, transforming their infrastructure and securing data and identities,” said John Michelsen, CTO, CA Technologies. “We are pleased to recognize customers that have demonstrated innovative use of technology and have achieved outstanding success with their IT implementations.”
The awards are presented in six technology areas: Agile Cloud and Automation, Mainframe, Security, Service Assurance, Service and Portfolio Management, and Service Virtualization.
Agile Cloud and Automation
- Vision –Unum for leveraging CA Technologies data center automation solutions to help redefine and innovate IT and business service delivery. Unum's Distributed Infrastructure Team's unique approach of redefining its role in the organization is allowing them to regain a sustainable footing and increase their relevance to the business.
- Impact – Raymond James for their private cloud solution, based on CA Automation Suite for Clouds, which has reduced application and server provisioning cycles from nearly 3 days to under 60 minutes, resulting in faster time to market and increased client satisfaction.
- Vision – Unipol Gruppo Finanziario S.p.A., among the leading insurance groups in the Italian market, for delivering a new generation of applications to support a new business model and improving customer experience through optimal application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Impact – First Data Corporation for its software rationalization and global mainframe consolidation initiative that offset millions of dollars in operating expenses, while streamlining the administration and delivery of mainframe capabilities, and maintaining user productivity and satisfaction.
- Progress –Blue Data Hill Services for its use of the CA Mainframe Software Rationalization Program to standardize software on its mainframe platforms in supporting their customers, in areas of system monitoring, automated operations, tape and DASD management, and testing.
- Vision – Shellfor choosing CA CloudMinder™ to securely allow employees and consumers to access partner and cloud applications.
- Impact – Walt Disney Company for executing on a highly ambitious privileged user access management program in 6 months. The project demonstrated thought leadership, effective management and a single minded goal to bring least privileged access across the enterprise.
- Progress – Comcast for implementing CA IdentityMinder™ and CA GovernanceMinder to become their identity management and access governance foundation across all major Comcast systems.
- Vision –Intermountain Healthcare for maintaining a high quality of service during a major IT transformation initiative. CA Technologies Service Assurance solutions provide the visibility and control needed to support 22 hospitals and more than a hundred facilities with 32,000 employees.
- Impact – OppenheimerFunds for implementing multiple CA solutions simultaneously to automate its customer monitoring systems, resulting in a 60 percent reduction in mean time to respond within 60 days and saving more than 100 man hours per month of operator time in its data center.
- Progress – Sicredi for implementing a centralized operations center and management strategy to replace silo solutions supporting 119 credit unions in 10 states and 881 municipalities in Brazil. Sicredi was able to reduce root cause analysis and MTTR of service issues by up to 55 percent and 42 percent resulting in reduced cost and higher customer satisfaction.
Service and Portfolio Management
- Vision – ANZ for the implementation of their Service Management Uplift program which delivered a single, global Service Management Solution to 10,000 active technology users in 32 countries. ANZ's IT Service Management solution is exceptional in being a true end-to-end solution based on a business services view that has multiple products integrated in a unique configuration.
- Impact – Qantas for its implementation of CA Clarity™ PPM On Demand to show the value of IT project portfolio management to business outcomes and better demonstrate how IT is providing real value to the business.
- Progress –DIRECTV for being a pioneer in service virtualization practices and technology. DIRECTV has taken the mantra of “virtualize everything” to heart across its enterprise – from simulating high-volume messaging between engineering and programming groups to rolling out virtual test data and virtual training environments using CA LISA® Service Virtualization.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Social Media Page
Copyright © 2013 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. Some information and results identified above are based upon the speaker's experiences with the referenced software product in a variety of environments, which may include production and nonproduction environments. Past performance of the software products in such environments is not necessarily indicative of the future performance of such software products in identical, similar or different environments.
Michelle Healy, +1-631-342-4701