Press release from Business Wire
Intuit & LinkedIn Invite Bay Area Small Businesses to ‘Hire Smart'
<p class='bwalignc'> <i><b>Expected 400+ small businesses to get expert advice, free resources and a chance for free local advertising</b></i> </p>
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Intuit & LinkedIn Invite Bay Area Small Businesses to ‘Hire Smart'10:30 EDT Wednesday, April 24, 2013
(Business Wire) -- Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ:INTU):
DID YOU KNOW?
- Small businesses make up 99% of all U.S. employer firms, employing more than 19 million people across the country.
- Small business employment is a leading indicator of the country's general economic recovery – last month, firms with less than 20 employees added 10,000 new jobs in March.
- 41% of employers report that a bad hiring decision cost them at least $25,000 in the last year.
Intuit (Nasdaq: INTU) and LinkedIn (Nasdaq: LNKD) have teamed up for a first of its kind event - ‘Hire Smart' in Mountain View, which is dedicated to providing small businesses with the resources and advice needed to hire their first employee.
Led by small business experts, the event will provide insights and tips on how to navigate the challenges of hiring and retaining staff for small business owners – at zero cost to the 500+ expected in-person businesses as well as 1,000+ businesses across the country watching the live streaming online.
- Hundreds of small businesses sharing and learning from each other and experts, joined by more via the web from across the U.S.
- Bill Rancic , Entrepreneur, Writer, and Winner “The Apprentice”
- Rhonda Abrams , Author ‘Hire Your First Employee' and USA Today Small Business Columnist
- Intuit and LinkedIn executives, including Brad Smith , Intuit President/CEO, and Jeff Weiner , LinkedIn CEO
Intuit, maker of QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, and LinkedIn are committed to helping small businesses start, run and grow their businesses. The companies understand that hiring a first employee is a pivotal moment for small businesses and are hosting this event to provide useful resources that will help them grow and prosper.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- WHERE: Intuit Campus, 2750 Coast Avenue, Building 6, Mountain View, CA 94043
- WHEN: Saturday, April 27 – 9 AM PT (Doors Open) – 5:00 PM PT (Close); Small businesses are able to come and go throughout the day
ON-CAMERA & INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
- Small business owners including Love Our Local Business winner Mama Barretta are also available
- HD b-roll (1080p) will also be available featuring all keynote speakers and event itself
- TO REGISTER: http://hiresmartconference.intuit.com/
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Receive three months of free Intuit Online Payroll simply for attending the event.
- Receive LinkedIn ‘First Hire' package which includes two months of free access to Premium Talent Finder and discounted job listings.
- Enter a raffle to win free Bay Area local advertising (broadcast) for their company.
- Attend sessions from industry leaders on everything from hiring to firing, recruiting and compliance.
- Get one-on-one advice from lawyers, accountants, HR and compliance experts.
- Network with hundreds of their peers to share best practices and experiences.
Elisabeth Gettelman, 415-238-1915
Steve Imm, 763-498-1994