Press release from PR Newswire
World's Most Trusted Storage Delivers More Data Protection to Mission-Critical Data Centers
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
World's Most Trusted Storage Delivers More Data Protection to Mission-Critical Data Centers09:00 EDT Tuesday, April 30, 2013
EMC VMAX, VPLEX and RecoverPoint Deliver More Protection with Significant Updates and New Integration
HOPKINTON, Mass., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC VMAX, already the world's most trusted storage, is now the first tier 1 storage platform offering simultaneous Continuous Data Protection (CDP) when using remote copies by integrating EMC SRDF and EMC RecoverPoint technologies.
- EMC RecoverPoint 4.0 makes enterprise-class data protection more accessible to midrange customers with a new software-only option for EMC VNX unified storage.
- EMC VPLEX delivers continuous availability to the midrange with a new VPLEX frame-based licensing model for EMC VNX unified storage arrays.
- Visit EMC Pulse technology and product news blog for more detail.
Connect With Us:
- Online: Follow the latest EMC World 2013 happenings starting on Monday, May 6, 2013 at EMC World vPass
- Social: For continuous updates and to join the conversation on these products please follow VMAX, VPLEX, and RecoverPoint on Twitter and ask questions during the Ask the Experts ? VMAX and Ask the Experts ? VPLEX and RecoverPoint discussions.
- Live streaming: To hear more about these innovations, bookmark your calendars for Monday, May 6 at 2:30 p.m. PT and visit our ECN page to view a live stream of Brian Gallagher, President, Enterprise Storage Division keynote from EMC World 2013.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that the world's most trusted storage is delivering more data protection with updates to EMC® VMAX® enterprise storage, a new frame-based licensing model for EMC VPLEX® virtual storage making VPLEX more accessible to midrange customers, and a new version of EMC RecoverPoint® that delivers powerful new integration with EMC SRDF.
Today's news is the first wave in a set of new technologies from EMC as the company readies for EMC World 2013 next week in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit the EMC ECN page on Monday, May 6 at 2:30 pm PT for a live stream of Brian Gallagher, EMC President of the Enterprise Storage Division, keynote from EMC World 2013 where he will discuss today's announcement, and provide insight into other enterprise storage innovations.
World's Most Trusted Storage Delivers More Data Protection
Today, the world's most mission-critical data centers trust EMC with their most important data, with 94% of Fortune 50 companies, and 90% of the 20 largest banks relying on VMAX for >99.999% uptime. With new SRDF and RecoverPoint 4.0 integration, VMAX is the only tier 1 storage array offering simultaneous Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and remote copies on the same LUN. Customers can now recover every write, and at any point-in-time between copies. This means that customers can recover from operational errors as well as physical failures on the same data. Prior to this integration, customers could use SRDF and RecoverPoint on the same VMAX system, but not on the same volume. With this integration EMC marries the two business continuance technologies to simplify data protection for the world's most mission-critical data centers.
In addition, RecoverPoint 4.0 is now more powerful. It offers increased scale, flexibility and capacity to protect even more mission-critical applications. The new version is capable of protecting 7X more data, delivers a 4X increase in the number of protected volumes to over 8000 volumes per cluster, and offers expanded asynchronous throughput by over 60% to 400 MB/second.
More Accessible to the Midrange
This year, RecoverPoint will surpass 100-million run hours, protecting over 800 Petabytes of mission-critical information for EMC customers. With RecoverPoint 4.0, EMC is offering a new software-only option (called vRPA) for EMC VNX® storage arrays. This software-only option enables VNX customers to deploy RecoverPoint functionality on existing infrastructure, thereby simplifying deployment and maximizing their existing infrastructure, saving VNX customers up-to 60% on their replication investment.
In addition, EMC is now offering a new VPLEX frame-based licensing model for VNX?saving customers up-to 50% on their VPLEX investment. With strong adoption during its three years on the market, customers trust VPLEX to achieve continuous availability of their mission-critical application environments. With the new licensing model, EMC is building upon and extending that continuous availability to a broader audience.
EMC Executive Quote:
Brian Gallagher, President, Enterprise Storage Division at EMC
"As customers continue to transform their data centers, EMC continues to innovate and deliver the world's most trusted, powerful and smart storage solutions. Customers want a trusted technology partner that has both a long-term vision and the ability execute. In the last three years, EMC has delivered seven major updates and over 100 new features to the VMAX family. It's this marriage of vision and innovation that is driving our growth?including double-digit growth across VMAX, VPLEX and RecoverPoint. Today's news is a continuum of EMC VMAX delivering the world's most trusted storage and data protection."
- Visit EMC Pulse, EMC's product and technology news blog
- Benefits of Deploying VNX with VPLEX
- Join the conversation by following VMAX, VPLEX, and RecoverPoint on Twitter
- Ask questions on the EMC Community Network (ECN) during the Ask the Experts ? VMAX and Ask the Experts ? VPLEX and RecoverPoint discussions
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing . Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset ? information ? in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, VNX, VMAX, VPLEX and RecoverPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
For further information: Katryn McGaughey, 508-293-7717, email@example.com