Press release from CNW Group
SiriusXM Canada spruces up its Canadian line-up
Monday, May 06, 2013
SiriusXM Canada spruces up its Canadian line-up09:17 EDT Monday, May 06, 2013
Subscribers nationwide get access to new channels and exclusive programming
TORONTO, May 6, 2013 /CNW/ -SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, is pleased to announce exciting changes to its Canadian line-up, offering subscribers new channels and fresh home-grown content. SiriusXM Canada's new line-up will be available to subscribers later in May.
The new line-up will feature a full suite of English and French content for both Sirius and XM subscribers, including CBC channels and more Canadian music, current affairs and multi-cultural programming. New channels include:
- CBC Music: Sonica: Featuring adult alternative bands from Canada and beyond. Artists you will hear: Arcade Fire, Blue Rodeo, Sheepdogs, Barenaked Ladies, The Wallflowers, The Black Keys, Ron Sexsmith, Kathleen Edwards, Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen.
- Canada Talks: a new current affairs and talk channel offering programming related to all aspects of Canadian life including business and the economy, politics, entertainment, lifestyle, health, sports analysis and play by play. Featuring personalities like Dan Ackroyd, Sean Cullen, Arlene Bynon, Alan Park, Carla Collins, Ward Anderson, Allison Dore and more, plus the Canadian Football League, Racetime Radio and The Fight Network.
- Canada Laughs (formerly Laugh Attack): Canada Laughs offers 24/7 uncensored comedy featuring an extraordinary Canadian comedic talent pool that takes center stage daily with stand-up, sketch, music, festivals and interviews. Subscribers will enjoy exclusive content from Kenny Hotz, Ian Bagg, Russell Peters, Norm McDonald, Jeremy Hotz and Nikki Payne, as well as Canadian radio stars Humble and Fred.
- Multicultural Radio: A music and information channel that features both Aboriginal and South East Asian programming.
- Chansons: A new 100 per cent Francophone "chanson" music channel playing the biggest Quebec and French artists from around the world. Artists you will hear: (Robert Charlebois, Gilles Vigneault, Jean-Pierre Ferland, Marjo, Barbara, Édith Piaf, Léo Ferré, Georges Brassens) to artists from the new music scene such as Ariane Moffatt, Yann Perreau, Bernard Adamus, Patrice Michaud, Coeur de pirate, Alexandre Désilets, Alex Nevsky, Amylie, Brigitte, Claire Denamur.
- Influence Franco: A new music channel focused on emerging French music discoveries from Canada. Artists you will hear: Karim Ouellet, Louis-Jean Cormier, Lisa Leblanc and Canailles
- Attitude Franco: A new alternative channel bringing you the best in emerging French Canadian rock, alternative and pop. Artists you will hear: Galaxie, Malajube, Les Trois Accords and Automat.
The new channels will join SiriusXM Canada's existing lineup of best-in class Canadian audio entertainment including: SiriusXM NHL Network Radio™, The Verge, Iceberg, CBC Radio One, CBC Radio 3 and FrancoCountry.
For more info on SiriusXM's programming, visit http://www.siriusxm.ca/spruceitup .
About SiriusXM Canada
Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc. (TSX: XSR) operates as SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada, with over 2.2 million subscribers, is the country's leading audio entertainment company and broadcasts more than 120 satellite radio channels featuring premier sports, news, talk, entertainment and commercial-free music. SiriusXM Canada offers an array of content from the most recognized news and entertainment brands as well as every major sport including the NHL, NFL, MLB and CFL.
SiriusXM programming is available on a variety of devices including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks and boats, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available online at www.siriusxm.ca and on Apple, BlackBerry and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM Canada has partnerships with every major automaker and its radio products are available at more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide. To find out more about SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), visit our website at www.siriusxm.ca.
SOURCE: SiriusXM Canada
For further information:
NATIONAL Public Relations
O: 416-848-1446 / M: 416-882-1192