Press release from Business Wire
CA Technologies Delivers a Clear Path for Mainframe Customers to Embrace the Future of the Dynamic Data Center
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Strategy Will Enable Customers to Take Advantage of the Dynamic Data Center Across Mainframe, Distributed and Cloud</i> </p>
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
CA Technologies Delivers a Clear Path for Mainframe Customers to Embrace the Future of the Dynamic Data Center14:00 EDT Tuesday, April 23, 2013
LAS VEGAS (Business Wire) -- CA WORLD -- CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced a strategic direction to help mainframe customers embrace the future dynamic data center and move closer to the ideal state of unbounded business enablement at zero cost.
The company has made significant new investments in mainframe solutions to provide customers with the tools to manage data centers with utmost reliability, security and speed.
“Information technology is in the midst of a tremendous change cycle,” said Michael Madden, general manager, Mainframe. “We have responded with a strategy that serves the evolving requirements of the data center, including cost-effectiveness, data security and speed and a fantastic end-to-end customer experience.”
Once bound by on-premise facilities, data centers today are a dynamic mix of on-premise and virtual computing power. CA Technologies is substantially evolving its mainframe management solutions to make such dynamic data centers possible and aligned to meet business needs.
The CA Technologies Mainframe strategy will help customers by:
- Sustaining investments in foundational technologies that are critical to the evolution of data centers and the modern mainframe;
- Collaborating closely with customers on product design to help CA Technologies develop products that meet customers' most critical IT needs; and
- Streamlining for savings and return on investment throughthe company's Mainframe Software Rationalization Program (MSRP), which assesses customers' portfolio needs and can help them to realize estimated savings of up to $1.4 million* a year.
CA Technologies is making great strides in delivering a mainframe portfolio that helps customers transition to the dynamic data center—one that delivers business services seamlessly across mainframe, distributed systems and the cloud.
- Extensive Mainframe Portfolio: includes integrated products designed to cut the total cost of ownership for customers, and deliver lower licensing costs, simple installation processes and easy upgrades.
- CA Mainframe Chorus: focuses on a unique user experience rather than on applications for a robust mainframe management platform that lets users create dashboards to manage DB2, workload automation and other functions all from one place.
- CA Workload Automation: integrates the user experience across the hybrid computing environment of mainframe, distributed and cloud. The solution includes several new capabilities that help customers reduce complexity and proactively manage and anticipate the needs of the dynamic data center.
- CA Technologies World-Class Support: the company recently earned the NorthFace ScoreBoard AwardSM (NFSB) for customer service excellence, demonstrating its dedicated focus on customers. CA Communities, CA Technologies online user community, provides customers with direct access to its more than 38,000 company experts, partners and users.
The mainframe is a workhorse in the backend of much of today's critical business, and CA is busy enabling other capabilities in its portfolio to work with mainframe solutions, to provide a seamless and successful customer experience across distributed, cloud and mobile operations.
“Our unique advantage is that we can manage virtual data centers from soup to nuts,” said Madden. “We can tie everything together and manage it holistically when we bring the full CA Technologies portfolio to bear.”
For more information, see these additional resources:
- Mainframe home page
- Mainframe Voice Blog
- CA Mainframe Twitter
*Annual savings estimation is derived from analyses of CA Technologies customer contracts. This value is not a guarantee of achievable results and will vary depending upon current infrastructure, people and processes, as well as the appropriate, effective implementation, adoption and use of the CA Technologies solution.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
- Press Releases
- CA Communities
- Social Media Page
Copyright © 2013 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Alice Horrigan, 203-727-4740